Though the government shutdown continues, the new 116th Congress is hard at work and cannabis legislation appears to be a hot topic. In the first three weeks of 2019, three separate cannabis related bills were filed. Here is what you need to know:
The Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act, introduced by Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), was actually initially introduced last year by Jared Polis (D-CO), who is now Colorado’s governor. The Act, which reserved the bill number H.R. 420 (yes, you read that right), would bring about the most significant alteration in federal cannabis law this ...
Welcome to the Cannabis Business Legal News blog where attorneys from Amundsen Davis blog about all things cannabis business and legal news related.
- Movement on the SAFE Banking Act? The Senate is Talking the Talk, but Not Ready to Walk the Walk
- The Federal Government & CBD – What the FDA is Happening?
- Illinois Lawmaker Introduces Legislation to Legalize Psychedelic Therapy Programs
- Illinois Set to Roll out New Cannabis Retail License Applications and Lottery in Early 2023
- Could a Small Town in Pennsylvania Force Congress to Deschedule Cannabis?
- No April Fool’s Joke: The MORE Act was Just Passed by the House
- Significant Increase in Production of Cannabis and Psychedelics for Research Proposed by the DEA for 2022 – What You Need to Know Now
- Protecting Your Cannabis Business from the Trappings of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- The Historic Cannabis Administration and Opportunity Act Could Finally End Federal Cannabis Prohibition
- Illinois Cannabis Market Poised to Take Off With New Dispensary Lottery Bill and Issuance of New Licenses for Craft Growers, Infusers, and Transporters