On August 24, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) released a draft of its strategic plan for 2022 – 2026, outlining its key initiatives for the next four years. The SEC’s mission is to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation. Its strategic plan is intended to further that mission by laying out goals that will guide its policy and decision making.
Welcome to the Amundsen Davis Corporate Legal Update where our attorneys blog about insights on corporate governance, securities regulations, M&A news and more.
- Calming Depositor Angst at Community Banks
- New Guidance on the Beneficial Ownership Information Reporting Rule
- Cryptocurrency Companies Should Expect More SEC Enforcement in the Near Future
- FTC Announces Increases to Hart-Scott-Rodino Act Notification Thresholds and Filing Fees
- Forever Chemicals (PFAS) in Real Estate Transactions: Avoiding Forever Consequences
- Private Placement – State and Federal Law Considerations
- Patience is a Virtue: Landmark Federal M&A Broker Exemption Effective March 29, 2023
- Opt In/Out Deadline for New Wisconsin LLC Law is December 31, 2022
- Tick Tock: Election to Opt-Out of Wisconsin’s New “Creditor-Friendly” LP And LLC Acts Expire December 31, 2022
- What the SEC’s New Strategic Plan Means for the Financial Industry and Investors