- Posts by Vic PetersonPartner
Victor has significant experience in securities law, mergers and acquisitions, general corporate and commercial contracts law and corporate governance. In securities law, he has researched numerous regulatory issues ...
The Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976 (HSR) requires premerger notifications to be filed for larger transactions in order to prevent monopolies and other anti-competitive effects. Unless an exemption applies, acquisitions that exceed certain threshold amounts for the sizes of the transaction, the acquiring person, and the acquired person are subject to antitrust review by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (the FTC) and/or the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice.
Welcome to the Amundsen Davis Corporate Legal Update where our attorneys blog about insights on corporate governance, securities regulations, M&A news and more.
- Enhancing Transparency in Real Estate: FinCEN's New Reporting Requirements for Non-Financed Transfers
- Pros and Cons of Online Templates and Examples
- What the Corporate Transparency Act Means for Financial Institutions
- FinCEN to Extend Initial Reporting Deadline for the Corporate Transparency Act
- Wisconsin Personal Property Tax Repealed: What it Means for Business Owners
- Is Nothing Sacred? Cyberattacks May Impact Director and Officer Fiduciary Duties
- What the Show Succession Teaches Us About Planning for a Family Business
- Five Tips for Business Owners When Selling
- Federal Antitrust Agencies Propose New Guidelines for Review of M&A Transactions
- U.S. Supreme Court Opens Door for Companies to Face Lawsuits in Any State They Are Registered to Do Business