- Posts by Christopher J. JaekelsPartner
Chris always puts his clients’ interests first. He is experienced in real estate, land use, eminent domain, property tax, municipal law and development, zoning, construction, corporate regulatory, and environmental law. He ...
PFAS, short for per- and poly-fluoroalkyls substances are man-made chemicals used to make hundreds of products for home and industry use, ranging from stain proofing and waterproofing to firefighting and non-stick surfaces. They are among the most durable and task-effective man-made chemicals, yet they can exist in the environment for hundreds of years. Unfortunately, PFAS are associated with serious health risks including cancer, children’s developmental issues, immune system and endocrine disruption, and diabetes. The greatest area of public concern is contaminated drinking water. Human exposure also occurs in soils, surface water contamination, air emissions and workplace exposure (especially manufacturing and firefighting).
Welcome to the Amundsen Davis Corporate Legal Update where our attorneys blog about insights on corporate governance, securities regulations, M&A news and more.
- Calming Depositor Angst at Community Banks
- New Guidance on the Beneficial Ownership Information Reporting Rule
- Cryptocurrency Companies Should Expect More SEC Enforcement in the Near Future
- FTC Announces Increases to Hart-Scott-Rodino Act Notification Thresholds and Filing Fees
- Forever Chemicals (PFAS) in Real Estate Transactions: Avoiding Forever Consequences
- Private Placement – State and Federal Law Considerations
- Patience is a Virtue: Landmark Federal M&A Broker Exemption Effective March 29, 2023
- Opt In/Out Deadline for New Wisconsin LLC Law is December 31, 2022
- Tick Tock: Election to Opt-Out of Wisconsin’s New “Creditor-Friendly” LP And LLC Acts Expire December 31, 2022
- What the SEC’s New Strategic Plan Means for the Financial Industry and Investors