Amundsen Davis is seeking a Litigation Paralegal with experience in preparing detailed pleadings, preparing discovery responses and motions in State and Federal courts, responding to discovery requests, calculating deadlines, preparing matters and exhibits for trial, simple research, reviewing documents; and interacting with clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, file and serve all pleadings and other court documents in litigation
- Review pleadings and other documents filed by opposing counsel and other parties in litigation
- Prepare and coordinate discovery requests and responses.
- Schedule depositions, mediations, expert witness testimony, etc.
- Keep managing attorney(s) informed of all developments and actions taken in a case
- Manage and coordinate schedule and deadlines for all cases assigned to managing attorney(s)
- Maintain positive relations with clients through regular communication
- Proofreading documents and letters
- Create and maintain client files
- Provide full administrative support including screening calls, greeting clients, calendaring, preparing routine and advanced correspondence, and filing
- Maintain follow-up system
- Handle confidential and time sensitive material
- Maintain a professional appearance and a positive attitude
- High level of knowledge regarding key legal concepts
- Innovative problem resolution and analytical skills
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization, follow through and follow up, meet commitments and deadlines
- Excellent prioritization/time management
- Must be able to handle multiple projects, changing priorities, and a continually heavy
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor or Associate Degree in Paralegal Studies or a Paralegal Certificate and litigation experience, preferred
- Computer Skills: Must have intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.