Dillon understands the entrepreneurial spirit and the risk that comes with running a business. He and his wife started their own business selling a product they invented. He knows the concerns of business owners, the requirements of starting a business and the cost-consciousness that comes with the endeavor.
As a member of the firm’s Business Litigation Service Group, Dillon represents clients at every level of litigation over contract and warranty disputes, construction disagreements, employment issues, property claims, bankruptcy disputes, municipal issues, and any other issue that requires advice of counsel in advance of or in conjunction with litigation. He works with foreign and domestic corporations, construction companies, municipalities, homeowners’ associations, homeowners, and banks to prosecute their claims against other entities, defend against similar claims from other entities, and, perhaps most importantly, work with opposing parties to resolve disputes outside of litigation. He seeks to resolve cases quickly and economically, but has the skill-set to take cases all the way to trial through appeal.
Dillon provides legal counsel to his clients in administrative matters, arbitrations, mediations, courtroom litigation, and appeals. His extensive legal experience on each side of the courtroom, in both state and federal courts, as both a criminal and civil attorney, and at every conceivable legal stage, provide him with insight into the gestalt that is litigation, and how that litigation can be handled most effectively and efficiently.
Dillon recently returned from active duty as a recalled Reservist in the U.S. Navy Reserve JAG Corps serving as the Assistant Staff Judge Advocate of the Reserve Component Command Great Lakes. Prior to joining private practice, Dillon served for eight years as a Navy JAG Corps Officer, where he both prosecuted and defended sailors, marines, and coastguardsmen in Courts-Martial, Administrative Separation Boards, and in various other administrative tribunals. He also served as appellate defense counsel for more than 100 convicted sailors and marines in appeals before the Navy and Marine Corps Court of Criminal Appeals, the Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, and the United States Supreme Court.
Membership & Involvement
Member: Washington Heights Neighborhood Association, St. Thomas More Lawyers Society of Wisconsin
Vice-Chair: St. Sebastian Catholic Parish Pastoral Council
Secretary: Board of Directors of the Wisconsin Veterans’ Chamber of Commerce
Former Youth Coach: Wauwatosa Fast Pitch Softball; Milwaukee Blaze Youth Hockey Organization, Former Coaching and Disciplinary Committee; North Central Little League
Youth Coach: North Central Little League; Wauwatosa Recreation 4th grade girls basketball
- Military Justice Officer of the Year for the entire Navy JAG Corps, 2008
- Meritorious Service Medal
- Navy Commendation Medal (x4)
- Navy Achievement Medal (x3)
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America® in Litigation - Construction: 2024
- Selected to the Wisconsin Super Lawyer List: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Selected to the Wisconsin Super Lawyer "Rising Stars" List: 2014, 2015, 2016
Resources & Insights
In the Media
- Media Mention
- 105 Amundsen Davis Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in 2024 in America105 Amundsen Davis Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in 2024 in America
We are extremely excited to congratulate 105 of our attorneys on being recognized by Best Lawyers® in 2024 in America.
- Amundsen Davis Attorneys Included in the 2022 Wisconsin Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListAmundsen Davis Attorneys Included in the 2022 Wisconsin Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
Amundsen Davis is pleased to announce the inclusion of 21 attorneys on the 2022 Wisconsin Super Lawyers® and 2022 Wisconsin Rising Stars lists.
- Dillon Ambrose Receives Veterans in Business AwardDillon Ambrose Receives Veterans in Business Award
Congratulations to Dillon Ambrose for being honored with the 2022 Veterans in Business award!
Marquette University Law School, J.D., cum laude
Marquette University, B.A.
- Supreme Court of the United States