With more than 20 years of experience in the legal profession, Mark helps professionals navigate the law allowing them to fully engage in their creative, professional and personal pursuits through times of adversity and success. He represents closely held family businesses, professionals and individuals to address succession planning involving multiple generations, significant tax exposure and interpersonal conflict. Mark helps his clients execute business and personal succession plans that ensure the ongoing success and effective transfer of wealth to future generations.
Many of Mark’s clients are hospital-based physicians and other medical practitioners, whom he assists with asset protection and tax planning, employment contracts, entity formation, as well as personal trusts, estates and succession planning. He also assists in regulatory and legislative matters affecting providers and suppliers, including the implementation of corporate compliance programs.
In addition to serving his clients, Mark enjoys meeting with and serving as a referral source to others in the community and is available to present to groups of all sizes on the importance of having a comprehensive estate plan to ensure that individual wishes are respected upon incapacity or death. Outside the office, you can find Mark at his children’s basketball games and Irish Dance competitions. He and his wife have five young children who keep them busy.
Membership & Involvement
- Member: State Bar of Wisconsin, Real Property, Probate & Trust Law, Taxation, Business Law, Health Law and Elder Law sections; American Health Lawyers Association; Financial Planning Association of Wisconsin; Milwaukee Estate Planning Forum, Inc.; Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce; Professional Institute for Tax Study, Inc. – Secretary (2016 – present); Waukesha County Bar Association; Medical College of Wisconsin Planned Giving Council, (2009 – present); Milwaukee Athletic Club – Business Roundtable; Independent Business Association of Wisconsin; Catholic Professionals Forum of Greater Milwaukee; Waukesha County Business Alliance; Waukesha County Estate Planning Council
- Board of Directors: Catholic Community Foundation
- Board Member and Vice President: Down Syndrome Association of Wisconsin – Family Services, 2013 – 2019
- Board Member: Down Syndrome Association of Wisconsin, Inc., 2020 – Present
- Trust Committee member: Life Navigators, (2014 – present)
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America® in Trusts and Estates: 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024