In today’s fast-paced business world, Rob helps clients identify their blind spots. He not only answers his clients’ questions, but points out the questions clients should be asking. Rob works with clients to solve their legal problems from both a legal and business perspective.
As a member of the firm’s Real Estate, Zoning & Public Finance Service Group, Rob represents a wide range of businesses including property developers, lenders, investors, landlords and tenants. His practice includes assisting clients with acquiring, developing, leasing, financing and selling a variety of retail, office, industrial, hospitality and multi-family projects.
In addition to representing traditional lenders, Rob is closely involved with Wisconsin’s growing Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) financing program, which allows building owners to finance energy-efficient improvements. Rob has represented both borrowers and financing providers in connection with PACE financing.
Rob also speaks on a variety of timely real estate topics and has authored numerous publications with the State Bar of Wisconsin and other trade journals.
Membership & Involvement
- Member: American Bar Association
- Milwaukee Bar Association: Former Co-Chair of the Real Property Section
- President: CoRE Fund
- NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association, Wisconsin Chapter: President; Board Member; Member of Public Affairs Committee; Past Co-Chair of Developing Leaders Committee
- Real Estate Alliance for Charity (REACH): Secretary; Board Member; Chair of Nominations Committee
- Selected to Best Lawyers® in America - Construction Law, Corporate Law, Real Estate Law: 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
- 2019 Leader in the Law, Wisconsin Law Journal
- Selected to Wisconsin Super Lawyer Rising Star list: 2009, 2010, 2012. 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2107, 2018, 2019
- NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association, Wisconsin Chapter, Wisconsin Rising Star of the Year – Associate Member: 2012
Resources & Insights
- Speaking Engagement, Milwaukee Business Journal, Webcast,
Marquette University Law School, J.D., cum laude
University of Wisconsin – Madison, B.B.A.