Rob has more than 20 years of experience advising public and private clients of all sizes, both domestic and international. His clients appreciate the perspective he brings to each matter as former in-house counsel. He previously led legal teams for a number of both domestic and international companies. He takes a well-rounded, practical approach to his practice.
As a member of the firm’s Corporate & Securities Service Group, Rob focuses on the areas of mergers and acquisitions, strategic governance, capital formation, international commercial transactions, compliance, and complex commercial contracting systems and processes. Rob provides counsel to many clients in the manufacturing, construction and home improvement industries.
In addition, Rob served as an intelligence officer for the US Navy working with the Office of Naval Intelligence and deploying to Iraq as part of a joint task force led by SEAL Team 8. In that role, Rob led the human intelligence collections operation for the team and commanded a detachment of more than 30 soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines. He received an award from Admiral William McRaven for his service in Iraq, and brings the skills he learned overseas into his practice.
Resources & Insights
- Speaking Engagement, Celesq, Webcast,
- Speaking Engagement, Goldman Sachs Home Improvement Industry Conference; Dallas, TX,
- Speaking Engagement, Association of Corporate Counsel’s Annual Conference; Las Vegas, NV,
- Speaking Engagement, 5th Annual Midwestern M&A/Private Equity Forum; Columbus, OH,
- Speaking Engagement, 2021 Manufacturing First Expo and Conference, Seminar; Green Bay, WI,
- Speaking Engagement, MyLawCLE, Webcast,
- Reverse Diligence in M&A: How Attorneys Can Use Red Teaming in the M&A ProcessReverse Diligence in M&A: How Attorneys Can Use Red Teaming in the M&A Process
Join Corporate and M&A Attorney Rob Macklin as he presents “Reverse Diligence in M&A: How Attorneys Can Use Red Teaming in the M&A Process”.
- Five Common Mistakes Business Owners Make When Selling Their BusinessFive Common Mistakes Business Owners Make When Selling Their Business
With the mergers and acquisitions market as hot as it’s ever been, many owners of mid-size companies are considering selling their most valuable asset – the company that they’ve spent years building from scratch. However, there are a few mistakes that I frequently see made by owners selling their companies.
- Private Equity Trends in Home ImprovementPrivate Equity Trends in Home Improvement
Attorney Rob Macklin participated in a panel discussion titled "Private Equity Trends in Home Improvement".
- A Trending Tool in Making M&A Faster and Less Risky: Reps and Warranty InsuranceA Trending Tool in Making M&A Faster and Less Risky: Reps and Warranty Insurance
Join Sherry Coley and Rob Macklin for a discuss on Representations and Warranties Insurance for both buyers and sellers.