- Posts by John F. D'JockAssociate
As a lawyer, John knows he is dealing with some of the most impactful issues a client might face. He also knows that legal issues are rarely ever simple. From deciding on a business entity, to selling a business built from the ground up ...
Owners and managers of multifamily rental properties are facing a growing number of challenges. The Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP) reported more than 1,900 formal complaints were filed, and there were more than 6,000 contacts to their hotline, related to landlord/tenant disputes last year making it the number one category of complaints, and a massive increase since 2018 when there were 1,188 complaints. Clearly landlord/tenant conflicts are escalating and will continue to rise if some pending proposals are enacted.
Welcome to In the Dirt: Real Estate Legal Update where attorneys from Amundsen Davis blog about all things related to real estate, zoning, real estate management and finance.
- Contractual Considerations for Short-Term Rentals
- Municipal Regulation of Short-Term Rentals
- Backyard Event Rentals: Problems Posed for Homeowner Associations
- A Renter’s Bill of Rights in Wisconsin, Oh My!
- Private Requirements for Short-Term Rentals
- Homeowner’s Association Treatment and Enforcement of Solar Panels
- Missouri Supreme Court Expands Municipalities’ Authority to Deny Conditional Use Permits
- Common Considerations for Homeowner Associations Regarding Short-Term Rentals
- Long-Term Impact of Solar Panels on Property
- HOA Regulation of Solar Panels – Common Limitations and Provisions