Independent Contractors, Interns, Temporary Workers, and Leased Employees: HR Policies and Compliance Tips
Clear Law Institute, Webinar
| 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM ET
Local, state, and federal government agencies are cracking down on employers in the area of 1099/Independent Contractors, temporary workers, unpaid interns and leased employees.
During this afternoon webinar, Hosted by the Clear Law Institute, Jeff Risch discusses legal risks associated with engaging such workers and how to mitigate these risks.
During this webinar, you will learn:
- How to define a bona fide Independent Contractor and distinguish from a "hopeless" employee, who is considered a non-employee intern
- Explain what a leased employee actually means for an employer
- Identify risks associated with engaging services of the 1099/Independent Contractor worker, utilizing unpaid interns, temporary workers and leased employees through third parties
- Recognize key differences in the application of substantive areas of law with 1099/Independent Contractors, interns, temporary workers and leased employees
- Review your own practices when engaging 1099/Independent Contractors, interns, temporary workers and leased employees