Corporate and Succession Planning Attorney Kevin Eismann will present Key Components of an Effective Buy-Sell Agreement on May 27, 2021 at 12:00 CST as part of the EPI Exit Planning Ecosystem Webinar Series. Every very closely held entity that has more than one owner should have a buy-sell agreement. One of the main purposes of a Buy-Sell Agreement is to prevent disputes between business owners before they start. Properly documented buy-sell agreements place contractual limitations and guidelines on future transfers of business interests. Join Kevin Eismann, Attorney and CEPA, as he explains how to effectively structure a buy-sell agreement and the common mistakes that are made with buy-sell agreements.
- Identify potential “Triggering Events” (e.g. death, disability, divorce, distress, disagreement, others)
- Ways to determine company value in advance including penalties & discounts
- Common Payment Terms, non-compete, CDA, etc.
- How Trusts assist owner objectives
- Dealing with Marital Property interests