Reconciling State and Federal Audits After New IRS Partnership Audit Regulations: Tax Reporting Challenges
In light of the new partnership audit rules that have a significant impact on trusts holding partnership assets, Mark G. Kmiecik will be participating on a panel discussion that will look at the impact of the new IRS partnership audit rules on state tax regulations, audits, assessments and collection procedures.
Mark will be joined by Nikki E. Dobay, Senior Tax Counsel and Frederick J. Nicely, Senior Tax Counsel of Council on State Taxation.
Other topics that will be addressed include:
- IRS final partnership audit regulations
- Constitutional limitations
- MTC model partnership audit reporting statute and recent state regulations
- Challenges with push-out election, tiered structures and new QBI deduction
- Key planning techniques and best practices for tax professionals