Intellectual Property Docketing Specialist
Amundsen Davis, a full-service business law firm, is seeking an Intellectual Property Docketing Specialist. The role is responsible for maintaining a schedule for team deadlines. Primary duties involve assigning times and dates for all new cases, updating the docket with new dates and continuances, and communicating on scheduling-related issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain IP docket and communicate deadlines
- IP Docketing software navigation, audit, and communication of update to billing attorney, client, and team.
- USPTO website navigation as directed by attorneys.
- WDFI website navigation as directed by attorneys.
- Maintain follow-up system.
- Handle confidential and time sensitive material.
- Promote and foster positive relationships with IP team, clients, and prospective clients.
- Maintain a professional appearance and a positive attitude.
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization, follow through and follow up, meet commitments and deadlines
- Excellent prioritization/time management
- Must be able to handle multiple projects, changing priorities, and a continually steady workload
- Independent, self-starter, team player
- Strong sense of initiative and a “can do” attitude
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work with multiple attorneys and clients
- Excellent client service skills and demonstrable experience
Education and/or Experience
- Intellectual property or docketing experience preferred.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Experience with iManage or similar document management software.
- Experience with Elite or similar time and billing software.
- Familiarity with Intellectual Property docketing software is preferred.