Anna brings a global perspective to her trial counsel and defense work; she has practiced law in the United States as well as Russia. Utilizing her analytical skills and passion for justice, Anna focuses her practice in all areas of commercial and insurance litigation. Her representations typically include automobile collision, premises liability and construction.
Anna is a two-time Distinguished Service Award recipient of the Chicago Volunteer Legal Services Foundation for her work at the Jane Addams Legal Clinic.
Membership & Involvement
- Member: Chicago Bar Association; Chicago Volunteer Legal Services Foundation Volunteer
- Board member: Chicago Volunteer Legal Services
Resources & Insights
- Happy Public Domain Day!Happy Public Domain Day!
Public Domain Day is one of the lesser known winter holidays celebrated by the elite few – artists of all sorts and copyright attorneys. We either mourn the passing of works into the public domain after decades of keeping them safe and warm or hail the expiration of long-held copyrights in anticipation of new, insightful, adaptive, and creative uses of these works and characters.
- The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for IvermectinThe Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin
Read Edna McLain’s recent article, “The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin” in IDC Quarterly!
- Hold the Phones: State-level Telemarketing Laws In EffectHold the Phones: State-level Telemarketing Laws In Effect
Keep up to date with both the federal TCPA requirements and several state-level statutes!
- Illinois Pre-Judgment Interest Statute Declared UnconstitutionalIllinois Pre-Judgment Interest Statute Declared Unconstitutional
On May 27, 2022, Judge Marcia Maras in the Circuit Court of Cook County issued a memorandum, holding Illinois’s recently enacted prejudgment interest statute unconstitutional, and holding that the legislation violated both the right of trial by jury and the prohibition against special legislation.
St. Petersburg State University School of Law, Russia, J.D., L.L.M., summa cum laude
DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 2005, cum laude