Well-rounded attorneys can think on their feet, ask better questions, and understand the long term effects of each question they ask or decision they make. Erin is one of those rare well-rounded advocates who understands that creativity, critical thinking, and experience lead to successful resolutions for her clients.
Erin defends a wide-range of clients in class actions in state and federal courts throughout the country. She has extensive experience successfully defending claims brought pursuant to the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Chicago Residential Landlord and Tenant Ordinance (RLTO), Section 1983, and a wide-range of state consumer protection and unfair trade statutes. In addition, Erin has successfully represented numerous companies in mass tort cases alleging claims of benzene and asbestos exposure.
As a member of the cybersecurity team, Erin assists clients in crafting privacy policies and the interpretation and implementation of evolving data privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Protection Act and other state privacy statutes. She also has experience guiding clients in the data breach notification process. In addition, Erin has cultivated a knowledge in privacy concerns specific to schools and children, such as the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule (COPPA). She is also a certified privacy professional (CIPP-US) and a recognized Privacy Law Specialist by the American Bar Association.
Membership & Involvement
- Member: Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel; Defense Research Institute (DRI); International Association of Privacy Professionals
Volunteer Judge: Phillip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition
Resources & Insights
- DC Circuit Invalidates FCC Fax Rule Effectively Closing the Door to TCPA Class Actions Based on Alleged ViolationsSmithAmundsen Class Action Alert,
- SmithAmundsen Hosts University of Illinois College of Law Students for Their “Expedition to the Profession” DaySmithAmundsen, Seminar; Chicago, IL,
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Webinar,
- Green Bay Chapter SHRM Annual Legal ConferenceGreen Bay Chapter SHRM Annual Legal Conference
Amundsen Davis Attorneys will present at the Green Bay Chapter SHRM Annual Legal Conference.
- Happy Public Domain Day!Happy Public Domain Day!
Public Domain Day is one of the lesser known winter holidays celebrated by the elite few – artists of all sorts and copyright attorneys. We either mourn the passing of works into the public domain after decades of keeping them safe and warm or hail the expiration of long-held copyrights in anticipation of new, insightful, adaptive, and creative uses of these works and characters.
- The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for IvermectinThe Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin
Read Edna McLain’s recent article, “The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin” in IDC Quarterly!
- Keeping an Eye on PHI: OCR Guidance Concerning Permissible Disclosures of Reproductive Health PHI following DobbsKeeping an Eye on PHI: OCR Guidance Concerning Permissible Disclosures of Reproductive Health PHI following Dobbs
Learn the new guidance post-Dobbs for patient’s health information concerning abortion and other sexual and reproductive health services.