In her first solo case Khadija went up against a named partner in an established law firm, who boasted of his 30 plus years’ experience practicing law. When the judge erroneously ruled in his favor on the issuance of a temporary injunction, Khadija appealed it. The temporary injunction was eventually reversed and despite the partner’s decades of experience, the plaintiff dismissed their case with prejudice.
For Khadija being a lawyer is about more than knowing the law; it’s about counseling and defending clients during their most challenging times. As a member of the firm’s Transportation & Logistics Service Group, Khadija counsels clients on regulatory compliance, preservation of evidence and risk avoidance. She handles personal injury claims, contract disputes and property loss.
Khadija’s bachelor’s degree in journalism serves her well as a lawyer, as she is known for being creative and innovative when crafting arguments. She also speaks conversational Urdu and Hindi.
Membership & Involvement
Member: Oklahoma Bar Association; Tulsa County Bar Association
Resources & Insights
- SmithAmundsen Transportation Alert,
- Happy Public Domain Day!Happy Public Domain Day!
Public Domain Day is one of the lesser known winter holidays celebrated by the elite few – artists of all sorts and copyright attorneys. We either mourn the passing of works into the public domain after decades of keeping them safe and warm or hail the expiration of long-held copyrights in anticipation of new, insightful, adaptive, and creative uses of these works and characters.
- The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for IvermectinThe Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin
Read Edna McLain’s recent article, “The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin” in IDC Quarterly!
- Keeping an Eye on PHI: OCR Guidance Concerning Permissible Disclosures of Reproductive Health PHI following DobbsKeeping an Eye on PHI: OCR Guidance Concerning Permissible Disclosures of Reproductive Health PHI following Dobbs
Learn the new guidance post-Dobbs for patient’s health information concerning abortion and other sexual and reproductive health services.
- Hold the Phones: State-level Telemarketing Laws In EffectHold the Phones: State-level Telemarketing Laws In Effect
Keep up to date with both the federal TCPA requirements and several state-level statutes!