Sofia first contemplated law school while working in public affairs. She was assisting a client facing a lawsuit, helping with crisis control and public relations, when she observed how the lawyers brought a calming force to the situation. They were the ones with the knowledge and ability to resolve the issue. Now Sofia is the calming force for her clients in a crisis, whether it be a lawsuit or a data breach.
Sofia takes the time to find creative avenues that achieve the best results for her clients. As a member of the firm’s Class Action, Cybersecurity and Transportation Service Groups, she counsels clients on mitigating the risks of potential law suits and responding to data breaches.
Membership & Involvement
Member: Amundsen Davis Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee
Resources & Insights
- Article, Amundsen Davis Cybersecurity & Data Privacy Alert,
- Employers’ Rights Under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA) Narrowed after Supreme Court Decision in Van BurenSmithAmundsen Data Privacy & Security and Labor & Employment Alert,
- The Illinois Manufacturer,
- Labor & Employment Law Update,
- Top 5 Cyber Security Threats the Manufacturing Industry Should Watch in 2022Top 5 Cyber Security Threats the Manufacturing Industry Should Watch in 2022
Companies continue to see headlines about cyberattacks, but manufacturing companies, specifically, have become more targeted in the last few years.
- SmithAmundsen Welcomes Sofia Valdivia to Class Action, Data Privacy & Security, and Commercial Transportation Practice GroupsSmithAmundsen Welcomes Sofia Valdivia to Class Action, Data Privacy & Security, and Commercial Transportation Practice Groups
We at SmithAmundsen are excited to welcome Sofia Valdivia as a new Associate in our Chicago office.
- Employers’ Rights Under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA) Narrowed after Supreme Court Decision in Van BurenEmployers’ Rights Under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA) Narrowed after Supreme Court Decision in Van Buren
In today’s digital age, employers store immense amounts of information, including confidential and proprietary information, on their on-premises systems, cloud-servers and other data storage solutions.
- Another Data Collection Tool Leads to Privacy Class ActionsAnother Data Collection Tool Leads to Privacy Class Actions
As companies look to innovative and useful technology to enhance their brand development and the marketing and sales of products or services, they need to remain cautious of how these tools—advancing at a lightning pace—intersect with (often, antiquated) statutes and regulations.
Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2021
Butler University, B.A., 2015