Peter became Of Counsel after retiring from a 37 year career at a financial services company, where he served in the legal department for 20 years, including as Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, and as a member of the company's senior management group. Today, the firm provides a supportive platform for Peter’s continued civic work and for his service as guardian ad litem in Milwaukee County Children’s Court for children in the foster system and as a volunteer lawyer with the Legal Aid Society of Milwaukee.
In addition to Peter’s corporate leadership, he also has served on the governance boards of a number of not-for-profit enterprises, including: Greater Milwaukee Foundation, Alverno College, Badger Meter Foundation, Milwaukee Bar Association Foundation, Urban Day School, Curative Rehabilitation Foundation, and the Wisconsin Equal Justice Fund, among others.
Membership & Involvement
Member: American Bar Association; American Law Institute
Former Board Member: Milwaukee Bar Association Foundation
Former Board and Board Chair: Alverno College: Emeritus Trustee; Audit, Investment and Development Committees
Board Member: Badger Meter Foundation
Curative Rehabilitation Foundation: Former Board and Board Chair
Greater Milwaukee Foundation: Former Board and Former Board Chair
Greater Milwaukee Foundation Herbert Mueller: Member
Horizon House: Former Board and Board Chair
LISC Milwaukee: Honorary Board
Milwaukee Catholic Community Foundation: Former Board and Board Chair
Next Door Foundation: Former Board and Board Chair
Urban Day School: Board and Past Board Chair; Executive, Advancement, Investment and Audit Committees
Legal Aid Society: Guardian Ad Litem Practice Group
American Management Association: Former Board Member
Wisconsin Equal Justice Fund: Former Board and Board Chair
- Milwaukee Bar Association Lifetime Achievement Award: 2010
- Awarded the Community Service Award from the National Conference of Christians & Jews: 1990
- Fellow, Wisconsin Law Foundation: 2011
- Awarded the Evan P. Helfaer Donor Award from the Association of Fundraising Professionals: 2019
- Awarded the Equal Justice Medal from the Legal Aid Society of Milwaukee: 2012
- Happy Public Domain Day!Happy Public Domain Day!
Public Domain Day is one of the lesser known winter holidays celebrated by the elite few – artists of all sorts and copyright attorneys. We either mourn the passing of works into the public domain after decades of keeping them safe and warm or hail the expiration of long-held copyrights in anticipation of new, insightful, adaptive, and creative uses of these works and characters.
- The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for IvermectinThe Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin
Read Edna McLain’s recent article, “The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin” in IDC Quarterly!
- Keeping an Eye on PHI: OCR Guidance Concerning Permissible Disclosures of Reproductive Health PHI following DobbsKeeping an Eye on PHI: OCR Guidance Concerning Permissible Disclosures of Reproductive Health PHI following Dobbs
Learn the new guidance post-Dobbs for patient’s health information concerning abortion and other sexual and reproductive health services.
- Hold the Phones: State-level Telemarketing Laws In EffectHold the Phones: State-level Telemarketing Laws In Effect
Keep up to date with both the federal TCPA requirements and several state-level statutes!
University of Chicago, J.D.
University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A.