Illinois Chamber of Commerce; Rock Island, IL
| 9:00AM - 4:00PM
This full day, Illinois Chamber of Commerce seminar, is aimed at employers operating in Iowa and Illinois, and anyone interested in taking an in-depth look at the similarities and differences between employment and labor laws in the two states.
The seminar, co-presented by Jeff Risch, examines litigation and employee dispute avoidance strategies and offer best practices that comply in both states. Attendees will also receive sample policies to help shape procedure and practice necessary to operate in both states.
Specific topics include:
- PTO, vacation and leave entitlements
- Wage and Hour issues
- Employee handbooks and policies
- Dealing with Guns and “Pot” in the workplace
- Background checks and regulations
- Union activities and related developments
- Employee terminations and limits of “at-will” employment
- Illinois & Iowa DOL & EEO/civil rights agencies
- Obligations after the employment relationship ends