On June 27, 2018 the United States Supreme Court issued the much awaited Janus v. AFSCME Counsel decision overturning the provisions in the Illinois Public Labor Relations Act that require nonunion members to pay an “agency fee” or their “fair share” for representation. This ruling has broad and significant ramifications on the public sector.
Join public labor law attorneys Julie Proscia and Carlos Arévalo on Monday, July 9 at 10AM CT for a complimentary webcast discussing the Janus ruling and its impact on public sector employers. During this webinar, Julie will offer a breakdown of:
- What changes public sector employers need to make immediately to their fair share employees
- The potential impact on exclusive representation
- The potential for a bifurcated grievance and disciplinary system
- How to handle contracts that are open
- How the Janus ruling impacts closed contracts
Who should attend? Any public sector administrator and/or manager that have even one labor union.
We hope you can join us for this timely webinar!