Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Seminar; Chicago, IL
| 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
With the rise of workplace violence, employee behavior and conduct has become more complex. Having the skills and knowledge to prevent or minimize violence in the workplace benefits all areas of an organization.
Join Jeff Risch and co-presenter, Megan Drohan, a representative from Homeland Security, for this half-day seminar, as they discuss ways to properly conduct a threat assessment to reduce the risk of workplace violence and employment lawsuits.
Other notable topics include:
- Tips for effectively managing the employee discourse while avoiding litigation
- How to properly prepare documentation and plan any adversarial meeting with an employee
- The latest legal trends and developments dealing with concealed carry laws and related issues
- Personal Safety Awareness: how to heighten your mental, physical and environmental awareness to reduce risk tolerance
- How to recognize a threat before it becomes an issue and responding to an Active Shooter situation
- Hands-on learning of basic personal and organizational safety skills
- How to keep your workplace safe; what to do in an emergency