Dan has earned the reputation of being an aggressive litigator over his nearly 20 year career. He serves as the co-chair of the Amundsen Davis's General Liability Service Group overseeing the firm's highly regarded team of litigators. Dan's litigation and trial experience includes representation of clients in civil, corporate, municipal, financial services, life insurance and annuities, banking, nonprofit, premises liability, automobile, contracts and school law matters. A successful trial attorney, Dan listens and understands his clients’ concerns before partnering with them to determine the best course of action.
When not working or spending time with his family, Dan serves on the boards of several charitable foundations that support medical research for neuro-muscular conditions. He is the founding member of a 501(c)(3) that funds cutting edge research in developing treatments for rare diseases. In this role, he directly communicates with scientists and pharmaceutical companies across the United States and Europe. Dan has served on the board of directors and as general counsel for the Kane County Bar Association.
Membership & Involvement
- Member: Illinois State Bar Association; DuPage County Bar Association; Kane County Bar Association, Board of Directors; Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel; Education Advisory Board, Joshua Frase Foundation.
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers list: 2018, 2019
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" list: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Selected by the Leading Lawyers Network as an “Emerging Lawyer” in personal injury defense law: general
- Received the Outstanding New Lawyer Award at the Kane County Bar Association in 2012
Resources & Insights
In the Media
- Kane County Bar Association Civil Practice Committee Meeting- Tips and Pointers for Remote DepositionsKane County Bar Association, Zoom,
- Kane County Bar Association, Seminar; Geneva, IL,
- New Local Court Rules for Civil Proceedings – Kane County Bar Association Hosts Civil Practice Committee MeetingKane County Bar Association; St. Charles, IL,
- 2016 Civil Practice Law SeminarKane County Bar Associaiton, Geneva, IL,
- 28 Amundsen Davis Attorneys Included on 2016 Illinois Super Lawyers and 2016 Illinois Rising Stars ListsFirm News, Amundsen Davis,
- The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for IvermectinThe Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin
Read Edna McLain’s recent article, “The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin” in IDC Quarterly!
- Ransomware and Other Cyber-Related IssuesRansomware and Other Cyber-Related Issues
All companies have data that threat actors find attractive. No entity can think they are immune to a cyber attack.
- California Court Opens the Litigation Floodgate Re: COVID-19 Exposure in the WorkplaceCalifornia Court Opens the Litigation Floodgate Re: COVID-19 Exposure in the Workplace
In See’s Candies v. Ek, a California Appellate Court ruled that the plaintiff’s claims against her employer for negligence were not preempted by the exclusivity provisions of the California Workers’ Compensation Act; thus, exposing the employer to potentially unprecedented civil liability.
- The ABCIL Training Trust: A No Brainer for ParticipationThe ABCIL Training Trust: A No Brainer for Participation
Kelly Haab-Tallitsch presents to HR managers, company owners, senior company officers and management staff on how to create a safe, well-trained workforce.