Dan has earned the reputation of being an aggressive litigator over his nearly 20 year career. He serves as the co-chair of the Amundsen Davis's General Liability Service Group overseeing the firm's highly regarded team of litigators. Dan's litigation and trial experience includes representation of clients in civil, corporate, municipal, financial services, life insurance and annuities, banking, nonprofit, premises liability, automobile, contracts and school law matters. A successful trial attorney, Dan listens and understands his clients’ concerns before partnering with them to determine the best course of action.
When not working or spending time with his family, Dan serves on the boards of several charitable foundations that support medical research for neuro-muscular conditions. He is the founding member of a 501(c)(3) that funds cutting edge research in developing treatments for rare diseases. In this role, he directly communicates with scientists and pharmaceutical companies across the United States and Europe. Dan has served on the board of directors and as general counsel for the Kane County Bar Association.
Membership & Involvement
- Member: Illinois State Bar Association; DuPage County Bar Association; Kane County Bar Association, Board of Directors; Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel; Education Advisory Board, Joshua Frase Foundation.
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers list: 2018, 2019
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" list: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Selected by the Leading Lawyers Network as an “Emerging Lawyer” in personal injury defense law: general
- Received the Outstanding New Lawyer Award at the Kane County Bar Association in 2012
Resources & Insights
In the Media
- Kane County Bar Association Civil Practice Committee Meeting- Tips and Pointers for Remote DepositionsKane County Bar Association, Zoom,
- Kane County Bar Association, Seminar; Geneva, IL,
- New Local Court Rules for Civil Proceedings – Kane County Bar Association Hosts Civil Practice Committee MeetingKane County Bar Association; St. Charles, IL,
- 2016 Civil Practice Law SeminarKane County Bar Associaiton, Geneva, IL,
- Green Bay Chapter SHRM Annual Legal ConferenceGreen Bay Chapter SHRM Annual Legal Conference
Amundsen Davis Attorneys will present at the Green Bay Chapter SHRM Annual Legal Conference.
- Happy Public Domain Day!Happy Public Domain Day!
Public Domain Day is one of the lesser known winter holidays celebrated by the elite few – artists of all sorts and copyright attorneys. We either mourn the passing of works into the public domain after decades of keeping them safe and warm or hail the expiration of long-held copyrights in anticipation of new, insightful, adaptive, and creative uses of these works and characters.
- The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for IvermectinThe Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin
Read Edna McLain’s recent article, “The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin” in IDC Quarterly!
- Keeping an Eye on PHI: OCR Guidance Concerning Permissible Disclosures of Reproductive Health PHI following DobbsKeeping an Eye on PHI: OCR Guidance Concerning Permissible Disclosures of Reproductive Health PHI following Dobbs
Learn the new guidance post-Dobbs for patient’s health information concerning abortion and other sexual and reproductive health services.