As a lawyer, John knows he is dealing with some of the most impactful issues a client might face. He also knows that legal issues are rarely ever simple. From deciding on a business entity, to selling a business built from the ground up, John truly understands the unique factors of each situation and breaks down complex issues so clients can be a part of the process. He not only hears about clients’ concerns over taxes and liabilities, but he learns what clients want their business to look like in the next year, or the next decade.
John’s practice focuses on business transactions, real estate transactions, and commercial lending. Specifically, John works with businesses and owners in matters of entity selection and formation, mergers and acquisitions, commercial and residential real estate transactions, and municipal issues such as land use and zoning. He assists clients by drafting and reviewing documents, such as purchase agreements, and performing the necessary due diligence in commercial transactions.
Membership & Involvement
Member: Wisconsin State Bar Association
Volunteer: Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinic
Resources & Insights
- In the Dirt: A Real Estate Legal Update,
- Happy Public Domain Day!Happy Public Domain Day!
Public Domain Day is one of the lesser known winter holidays celebrated by the elite few – artists of all sorts and copyright attorneys. We either mourn the passing of works into the public domain after decades of keeping them safe and warm or hail the expiration of long-held copyrights in anticipation of new, insightful, adaptive, and creative uses of these works and characters.
- The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for IvermectinThe Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin
Read Edna McLain’s recent article, “The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin” in IDC Quarterly!
- Hold the Phones: State-level Telemarketing Laws In EffectHold the Phones: State-level Telemarketing Laws In Effect
Keep up to date with both the federal TCPA requirements and several state-level statutes!
- Illinois Pre-Judgment Interest Statute Declared UnconstitutionalIllinois Pre-Judgment Interest Statute Declared Unconstitutional
On May 27, 2022, Judge Marcia Maras in the Circuit Court of Cook County issued a memorandum, holding Illinois’s recently enacted prejudgment interest statute unconstitutional, and holding that the legislation violated both the right of trial by jury and the prohibition against special legislation.
Marquette University Law School, J.D., cum laude
University of St. Thomas, B.A., cum laude