Kim’s competitive drive dates back to her days as a collegiate hockey First Team All-American and Player of the Year. She brings the lessons learned from those days to the representation of her clients in litigation and negotiation.
On behalf of commercial clients, Kim handles a variety of matters including breach of contract, fraud, breach of warranty, civil conspiracy, and constitutional violations. Kim also defends a wide variety of construction clients in matters involving mechanics liens, construction defects, and title disputes.
Prior to joining the firm’s Construction Service Group, Kim developed a diverse legal background. She spent a year working for a Justice in the Illinois Appellate Court, followed by two years as a law clerk at one of Chicago’s pre-eminent plaintiff litigation firms, where she gained invaluable experience she uses to defend her current clients.
Kim is also a coach for Chicago-Kent’s trial advocacy team, where she provides guidance on courtroom strategy and techniques to law students, and keeps her own trial and evidentiary skills sharp. As further evidence of her ability to dive into a topic and successfully develop new skills, she also holds a United States Coast Guard Master Mariner license.
Membership & Involvement
Committee Member: Diversity Scholarship Foundation, NFP
Member: Chicago Bar Association; American Bar Association; DRI Construction; AGC of America
- Selected to Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America in Construction Law: 2023, 2024
- Selected to Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America in Litigation - Construction: 2024
Resources & Insights
- 106 Amundsen Davis Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in 2024 in America106 Amundsen Davis Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in 2024 in America
We are extremely excited to congratulate 106 of our attorneys on being recognized by Best Lawyers® in 2024 in America.
- Amundsen Davis Promotes Four Attorneys to PartnerAmundsen Davis Promotes Four Attorneys to Partner
Congratulations to Amundsen Davis's four new partners!
- 44 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 202344 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 2023
Congratulate to our 44 attorneys on being recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 2023!