Mark’s definition of going the extra mile is to do something that's unexpected; to solve the problem that the client didn't even know they had and fixing problems before they even start.
Mark is a civil defense litigator. He represents clients in the automotive, retail and medical industries that are most commonly facing issues related to the liability of their customers in some kind of negligence.
At the beginning of Mark’s career, he experienced working as a junior defense attorney on a major Illinois political corruption case. That case pitted the defense against not only the U.S. Attorney’s Office, but the F.B.I., the media, and the entire weight of national public opinion. He credits this experience for teaching him how to dig his heels in, stand his ground and fight for the rights of his clients.
Giving back to the community and nurturing that sense of service in other young professionals is important to Mark. He formerly served as the president of IGNITE and as Vice President of the Epilepsy Foundation of North/Central Illinois. Mark currently serves as a member of the Board of Directors for Keeping Northern Illinois Beautiful, an organization that strives to promote recycling and sustainability in Northern Illinois.
Mark has a deep sense of curiosity that pushes him to live outside his comfort zone and to constantly strive for trying and learning new things.
Membership & Involvement
- Member: Illinois State Bar Association
- Epilepsy Foundation of North/Central Illinois: Vice President, 2017-Present; Board of Directors, 2015-Present
- IGNITE Young Professionals, Rockford: President 2014-2016
Resources & Insights
- The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for IvermectinThe Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin
Read Edna McLain’s recent article, “The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin” in IDC Quarterly!
- Ransomware and Other Cyber-Related IssuesRansomware and Other Cyber-Related Issues
All companies have data that threat actors find attractive. No entity can think they are immune to a cyber attack.
- California Court Opens the Litigation Floodgate Re: COVID-19 Exposure in the WorkplaceCalifornia Court Opens the Litigation Floodgate Re: COVID-19 Exposure in the Workplace
In See’s Candies v. Ek, a California Appellate Court ruled that the plaintiff’s claims against her employer for negligence were not preempted by the exclusivity provisions of the California Workers’ Compensation Act; thus, exposing the employer to potentially unprecedented civil liability.
- The ABCIL Training Trust: A No Brainer for ParticipationThe ABCIL Training Trust: A No Brainer for Participation
Kelly Haab-Tallitsch presents to HR managers, company owners, senior company officers and management staff on how to create a safe, well-trained workforce.
DePaul University College of Law, J.D., Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, 2008
University of Illinois, B.S. (Integrative Biology), 2005