Mark’s definition of going the extra mile is to do something that's unexpected; to solve the problem that the client didn't even know they had and fixing problems before they even start.
Mark is a civil defense litigator. He represents clients in the automotive, retail and medical industries that are most commonly facing issues related to the liability of their customers in some kind of negligence.
At the beginning of Mark’s career, he experienced working as a junior defense attorney on a major Illinois political corruption case. That case pitted the defense against not only the U.S. Attorney’s Office, but the F.B.I., the media, and the entire weight of national public opinion. He credits this experience for teaching him how to dig his heels in, stand his ground and fight for the rights of his clients.
Giving back to the community and nurturing that sense of service in other young professionals is important to Mark. He formerly served as the president of IGNITE and as Vice President of the Epilepsy Foundation of North/Central Illinois. Mark currently serves as a member of the Board of Directors for Keeping Northern Illinois Beautiful, an organization that strives to promote recycling and sustainability in Northern Illinois.
Mark has a deep sense of curiosity that pushes him to live outside his comfort zone and to constantly strive for trying and learning new things.
Membership & Involvement
- Member: Illinois State Bar Association
- Epilepsy Foundation of North/Central Illinois: Vice President, 2017-Present; Board of Directors, 2015-Present
- IGNITE Young Professionals, Rockford: President 2014-2016
Resources & Insights
- What the SEC’s New Strategic Plan Means for the Financial Industry and InvestorsWhat the SEC’s New Strategic Plan Means for the Financial Industry and Investors
On August 24, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) released a draft of its strategic plan for 2022 – 2026, outlining its key initiatives for the next four years. The SEC’s mission is to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation. Its strategic plan is intended to further that mission by laying out goals that will guide its policy and decision making.
- The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for IvermectinThe Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin
Read Edna McLain’s recent article, “The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin” in IDC Quarterly!
- Hold the Phones: State-level Telemarketing Laws In EffectHold the Phones: State-level Telemarketing Laws In Effect
Keep up to date with both the federal TCPA requirements and several state-level statutes!
- Illinois Pre-Judgment Interest Statute Declared UnconstitutionalIllinois Pre-Judgment Interest Statute Declared Unconstitutional
On May 27, 2022, Judge Marcia Maras in the Circuit Court of Cook County issued a memorandum, holding Illinois’s recently enacted prejudgment interest statute unconstitutional, and holding that the legislation violated both the right of trial by jury and the prohibition against special legislation.
DePaul University College of Law, J.D., Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, 2008
University of Illinois, B.S. (Integrative Biology), 2005