Michael became a lawyer because he wanted to stand up for businesses and the individuals behind them. As a member of our Construction Service Group, Michael represents clients from pre-suit matters through trial. He has tried many cases to verdict before Cook County juries. Michael’s practice focuses on the defense of employers and general contractors sued for personal injuries.
Clients appreciate Michael’s meticulous preparation and case knowledge. He is also an Eagle Scout.
Membership & Involvement
- Member: Illinois State Bar Association
Resources & Insights
- What the SEC’s New Strategic Plan Means for the Financial Industry and InvestorsWhat the SEC’s New Strategic Plan Means for the Financial Industry and Investors
On August 24, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) released a draft of its strategic plan for 2022 – 2026, outlining its key initiatives for the next four years. The SEC’s mission is to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation. Its strategic plan is intended to further that mission by laying out goals that will guide its policy and decision making.
- The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for IvermectinThe Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin
Read Edna McLain’s recent article, “The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin” in IDC Quarterly!
- Hold the Phones: State-level Telemarketing Laws In EffectHold the Phones: State-level Telemarketing Laws In Effect
Keep up to date with both the federal TCPA requirements and several state-level statutes!
- Illinois Pre-Judgment Interest Statute Declared UnconstitutionalIllinois Pre-Judgment Interest Statute Declared Unconstitutional
On May 27, 2022, Judge Marcia Maras in the Circuit Court of Cook County issued a memorandum, holding Illinois’s recently enacted prejudgment interest statute unconstitutional, and holding that the legislation violated both the right of trial by jury and the prohibition against special legislation.