It was the challenge of solving complex problems that first drew Allen to practicing law. Today, he concentrates his practice in the areas of business law and estate planning. Allen represents clients both locally and nationally in a broad range of matters, including estate plan development and implementation, gift and estate tax advice, probate and trust administration, business acquisition, formation and succession planning and representation in general corporate and real estate matters. He also serves on the board of directors of, or as an advisor to, many business and nonprofit organizations.
Allen's estate planning practice includes the preparation of wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts, life insurance trusts, dynasty trusts, charitable foundations, marital property agreements, financial and health care powers of attorney, and probate and trust administration. As part of his practice, Allen advises clients on estate, gift and income tax minimization and strategies, and he currently serves as trustee of a number of trusts.
Allen also represents owners of substantial commercial, industrial and residential real estate holdings, representing and advising them on a variety of legal matters, from preparation and review of leases, to the purchase, sale and financing of properties. As a compliment to this practice, Allen advises tenant clients on similar issues.
Membership & Involvement
- Member: American Bar Association; Wisconsin Bar Association; Milwaukee Bar Association; Milwaukee Estate Plan Forum; Estate Plan Study Group; Milwaukee North Shore Rotary
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America® in Trusts and Estates: 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America® in Corporate Law: 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
- Accredited Estate Planner® - National Association of Estate Planners & Councils: 2019
- Listed, Five Star Top Wealth Managers for Estate Planners (SM): 2013
- Listed, Legal Leaders, Wisconsin Law Journal for business law and trusts and estates: 2013
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated