Angka serves clients who serve the community. She represents mental health centers, pharmacies, hospitals, dentists, nursing facilities, physicians, nurses and other health care providers. She enjoys being an advocate for organizations and individuals who are serving some of the most vulnerable populations in our communities.
In today's world, mental health and quality medical care are more important than ever. Angka goes the extra mile for her clients because she knows the outcome of each matter will impact not only the trajectory of their lives, but their ability to serve those in need. She represents community mental health centers, hospitals, physicians, and long term care facilities in a variety of matters. She assists clients with regulatory compliance, reimbursement and audit appeals, licensure enforcement actions, internal investigations, and commercial and corporate transactions.
Angka represents providers in Medicaid fraud investigations, consumer compliance complaints, and in front of licensing boards. She also addresses other disciplinary matters and employment discrimination issues. Her clients appreciate her calm non-judgmental demeanor and sound advice. In addition to her current practice, Angka has more than a decade of state trial experience as a public defender.
Outside the office, Angka enjoys running, collecting unique bookmarks and perfecting her Spanish.
Membership & Involvement
- Indiana State Bar Association: Board of Governors; Chair of House Delegates (2023); Criminal Justice Section Council Member
- Board Member: Indianapolis Bar Association
- Member: American Health Law Association
- Member: National Alliance of Mental Illness
- Indiana State Bar Association: Women in Law Committee; Health Law Section Committee; Doctor-Lawyer Collaborative
- Indiana Supreme Court: Indiana Innovation Initiative; Commission on Equity and Access, Survey Chair
- Indiana Judges and Lawyers Assistance Program: Appointed Committee Member
- Happy Hallow Children's Camp: Board Member; Development Committee Chair
- Recognized by The National Black Lawyers Top 100: 2022
- Indiana Judges Association Community Award Excellence in Public Information and Education: 2022
- Indiana State Bar Association, Presidential Citation: 2021
- Recognized as Indiana Business Journal’s 40 Under 40: 2021
- LexisNexis 2021 Community & Education Outreach Award: 2021
- National Association for Continuing Legal Education: Outstanding Achievement Programs in the Public Interests Category: 2021
- Recognized by The National Black Lawyers As Top 100 as Top 40 under 40 for Indiana: 2020
- Recognized by Indiana Lawyer as an Up and Coming Lawyer in the legal profession: 2019
Resources & Insights
- Indiana State Bar Association's Open Conversations: Racism & Racial Injustice: 2021 - PresentIndiana State Bar Association's Open Conversations: Racism & Racial Injustice: 2021 - Present
Join Angka Hinshaw each month as she hosts Open Conversations: Racism & Racial Injustice with former Indiana Supreme Court Justice Steven David!
- Amundsen Davis Welcomes Senior Counsel Angka Hinshaw to Health Care Service GroupAmundsen Davis Welcomes Senior Counsel Angka Hinshaw to Health Care Service Group
We are excited to welcome Senior Counsel, Angka Hinshaw to our Health Care Service Group in our Indianapolis office.
Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, J.D.
Ball State University, B.S.