Charles believes that sometimes the most expeditious and economical means of solving a problem can be indirect. With that in mind, he is able to assist his clients in a multitude of facets. From public relations issues to matters with a political impact, Charles is able to identify broader ramifications to arrive at a resolution that is both careful and precise.
As a member of the firm’s Corporate & Securities Service Group, Charles advises clients in general business matters including contracting, corporate governance, owner/shareholder relations, tax assessments, and licensing agreements. Charles has also extensively counseled nonprofit corporations on entity formation, qualification and preservation of tax exempt status, merger, and dissolution.
Membership & Involvement
- Member: Fellows of the Wisconsin Law Foundation
- Board of Advisors: National Sports Law Institute, Marquette University
- Board of Advisors: Marquette University National Sports Law Institute
- Board of Directors: Wisconsin Museum of Nature and Culture
- Board of Directors Chairman, President: Pettit National Ice Center
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America® in Real Estate Law: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ rated
Resources & Insights
- Speaking Engagement, Marquette University’s National Sports Law Institute and Sports Law Society, Seminar; Milwaukee, WI,
University of California Los Angeles, J.D., 1973
Pomona College, B.A., 1970