Valley Industrial Association (VIA); Geneva, IL
| 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
URGENT! All employers in Illinois will be affected by the new statutory changes regarding workplace harassment and discrimination.
The VIA will be hosting a peer group meeting where Jeff Risch will be giving an in depth presentation providing attendees with a detailed recap of the new changes.
Notable topics include:
- Current legislation and new laws
- Required updates regarding training, key policies, personnel forms, severance agreements, nondisclosure and arbitration agreements.
- Resolving employment disputes
- Discrimination against an employee perceived to be a part of a protected class (i.e. gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity).
- Expansion of the Victims Economic Security & Safety Act (VESSA)
- Requirements for employers to disclose the number of sexual harassment and discrimination settlements.
- Requirements for annual employee training on sexual harassment.
- Expansion of Illinois harassment and discrimination law to all employers.
- Protection of independent contractors from harassment and discrimination.
Complimentary Breakfast will be served.