Brian has worked tirelessly to resolve complicated litigation issues for his clients for more than 35 years. He handles a wide variety of civil litigation matters; including the representation of individuals and businesses in complex personal injury lawsuits seeking recovery for catastrophic injuries and wrongful death claims. His service groups include Transportation & Logistics and General Liability. Brian has tried dozens of cases to verdict, and handled hundreds of arbitration and mediation matters. Additionally, Brian has defended numerous uninsured and underinsured motorist matters involving high exposure claims.
Brian is a court appointed arbitrator in the Circuit Court of Lake County, Illinois and has presided over dozens of arbitration hearings as chief arbitrator. Brian is also a certified mediator by the State of Illinois.
Membership & Involvement
Member: Illinois State Bar Association; Lake County Bar Association; all federal courts in Illinois and Wisconsin; and the Trial Bar of the Federal District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ rated
- Happy Public Domain Day!Happy Public Domain Day!
Public Domain Day is one of the lesser known winter holidays celebrated by the elite few – artists of all sorts and copyright attorneys. We either mourn the passing of works into the public domain after decades of keeping them safe and warm or hail the expiration of long-held copyrights in anticipation of new, insightful, adaptive, and creative uses of these works and characters.
- The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for IvermectinThe Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin
Read Edna McLain’s recent article, “The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin” in IDC Quarterly!
- Keeping an Eye on PHI: OCR Guidance Concerning Permissible Disclosures of Reproductive Health PHI following DobbsKeeping an Eye on PHI: OCR Guidance Concerning Permissible Disclosures of Reproductive Health PHI following Dobbs
Learn the new guidance post-Dobbs for patient’s health information concerning abortion and other sexual and reproductive health services.
- Hold the Phones: State-level Telemarketing Laws In EffectHold the Phones: State-level Telemarketing Laws In Effect
Keep up to date with both the federal TCPA requirements and several state-level statutes!