Tom has been defending the interests of his clients for more than 20 years. He provides services in litigation as well as a wide range of corporate transactional matters, including, but not limited to, real estate, contractual agreements, banking and finance, premises liability, defamation and catastrophic injury.
Tom especially enjoys working with clients who are in the early stages of building a business; he helps them progress into the marketplace and defends them against employee claims from within as well as from outside competitors. While keeping clients actively involved in the decision-making process, Tom has tried in excess of 50 cases to verdict.
Membership & Involvement
- Former Review Board Member of the Illinois Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission
Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ rated
- Selected by the Leading Lawyers Network as a "Leading Lawyer" in litigation
- Happy Public Domain Day!Happy Public Domain Day!
Public Domain Day is one of the lesser known winter holidays celebrated by the elite few – artists of all sorts and copyright attorneys. We either mourn the passing of works into the public domain after decades of keeping them safe and warm or hail the expiration of long-held copyrights in anticipation of new, insightful, adaptive, and creative uses of these works and characters.
- The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for IvermectinThe Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin
Read Edna McLain’s recent article, “The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin” in IDC Quarterly!
- Keeping an Eye on PHI: OCR Guidance Concerning Permissible Disclosures of Reproductive Health PHI following DobbsKeeping an Eye on PHI: OCR Guidance Concerning Permissible Disclosures of Reproductive Health PHI following Dobbs
Learn the new guidance post-Dobbs for patient’s health information concerning abortion and other sexual and reproductive health services.
- Hold the Phones: State-level Telemarketing Laws In EffectHold the Phones: State-level Telemarketing Laws In Effect
Keep up to date with both the federal TCPA requirements and several state-level statutes!
IIT/Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 1983, summa cum laude
Southern Illinois University, B.A., 1972