Our corporate and securities group includes private equity and venture capital funds, with a broad range of strategies, including funds which focus on middle market, leveraged buyouts, crossover, mezzanine, distressed investing and industry-specific funds.
We advise on all aspects of private equity, including the structuring and formation of funds, the structuring of investments and the negotiation of acquisitions and divestitures of minority and control positions, debt financing to support acquisitions and the working capital of portfolio companies, add-on acquisitions and recapitalizations. We handle the full spectrum of acquisitions (including negotiated and unsolicited acquisitions, carve-out and spin-off transactions, going-private transactions and distressed acquisitions) and exit transactions (including private and public sales).
The firm’s business transactions attorneys represent our private equity investment fund clients, as well as institutional, hedge fund and other investors, in making, monitoring and realizing private equity investments. These include founder, angel and early-through-late stage venture investments, IPO and earlier stage bridge fundings, mezzanine financings, leveraged buyouts and PIPE transactions.
- Senior Counsel
- Institute for Paralegal Education; Webinar,
- 45 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 202345 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 2023
Congratulate to our 45 attorneys on being recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 2023!
- SmithAmundsen Promotes Seven Attorneys to PartnerSmithAmundsen Promotes Seven Attorneys to Partner
Congratulations to Luke Behnke, Amber Bishop, John Hayes, Matthew Kees, Elizabeth Lum, Paul Mackowski & Jack Sanker!
- State of Illinois Force Majeure Law Compendium (during COVID-19 pandemic)State of Illinois Force Majeure Law Compendium (during COVID-19 pandemic)
In USLAW NETWORK’s newly released COVID-19 Force Majeure Compendium of Law, Karen Tobin seeks to provide an Illinois exemplar on relevant considerations with respect to invoking “force majeure” clauses in contracts in light of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis.
- Attorney Steven Sims Joins SmithAmundsen’s Corporate Practice GroupAttorney Steven Sims Joins SmithAmundsen’s Corporate Practice Group