If you ask Steve, working with a wide variety of clients is one of the best parts of his job. He enjoys plant tours with manufacturers. He appreciates the personal side of a family-owned business. He learns from his international clients, discovering the laws, customs and negotiating styles of different countries. He likes helping directors and C-level officers navigate their careers and overcome business challenges. He has a lot in common with the professional service providers he represents, and he has a kinship when working with in-house counsel, because Steve spent seven years as in-house general counsel for a large international container manufacturer.
In more than 30 years of practice, Steve has established himself as a trusted advisor for businesses and individuals. He handles complex mergers and acquisitions, financing and capital-raising transactions, private placements, reorganizations and outsourcing transactions, ownership agreements and strategic alliances, and long-term wind and solar leases and easements. Steve assists clients with corporate governance and securities law compliance, secured lending transactions, international business and cross-border transactions, intellectual property licensing and acquisition, private equity and venture capital transactions, and litigation and risk management. He also drafts, negotiates and manages a wide variety of commercial and other forms of contracts and agreements.
Steve’s clients work in a variety of industries, including fabrication, manufacturing and printing, freight and logistics, containers and packaging, metal services, factory automation, tool and die, bearings and bearing assemblies, web retailing, financial services, consulting, investment banking, market data analytics and real estate. He provides value to his clients with the right mix of practical business acumen and technical legal skills.
Membership & Involvement
Member: American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Mergers and Acquisitions and Private Equity Subcommittees
Resources & Insights
- Amundsen Davis Corporate Alert,
- Event, Amundsen Davis, Webcast,
- Irontek, Webcast,
- Alternative Energy Easements and Lease AgreementsThe Chicago Bar Association - Business Law, Drafting and Negotiating Subcommittee,
- Corporate News: A Legal Update,
Education on Demand
Preparing to sell your business can be an overwhelming endeavor. A checklist of considerations for mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions can ease the burden.
- The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for IvermectinThe Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin
Read Edna McLain’s recent article, “The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin” in IDC Quarterly!
- Ransomware and Other Cyber-Related IssuesRansomware and Other Cyber-Related Issues
All companies have data that threat actors find attractive. No entity can think they are immune to a cyber attack.
- California Court Opens the Litigation Floodgate Re: COVID-19 Exposure in the WorkplaceCalifornia Court Opens the Litigation Floodgate Re: COVID-19 Exposure in the Workplace
In See’s Candies v. Ek, a California Appellate Court ruled that the plaintiff’s claims against her employer for negligence were not preempted by the exclusivity provisions of the California Workers’ Compensation Act; thus, exposing the employer to potentially unprecedented civil liability.
- The ABCIL Training Trust: A No Brainer for ParticipationThe ABCIL Training Trust: A No Brainer for Participation
Kelly Haab-Tallitsch presents to HR managers, company owners, senior company officers and management staff on how to create a safe, well-trained workforce.
- Commercial Contracts
- Commercial Lending
- Corporate & Securities
- Corporate Governance
- Joint Ventures & Strategic Alliance Agreements
- Manufacturing & Food Processing
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Money Management/Investment Adviser
- Outside General Counsel
- Securities & Capital Markets
- Securities Enforcement
- Shareholder Activism
- Venture Capital & Private Equity
Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, J.D., 1989
Eastern Illinois University, B.A., 1986