Amundsen Davis attorneys handle investigations and cases brought by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), regional exchanges, and state attorneys general and securities regulators. These matters range from informal inquiries and formal investigations to administrative proceedings, subpoena requests for documents, and settlement negotiations with regulators.
Amundsen Davis represents plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of litigated matters under all of the federal securities laws, including: the Securities Act of 1933, as amended; the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended; the Investment Advisors Act of 1940, as amended; and the Investment Company Act of 1940, as amended.
Our firm represents corporations, partnerships, securities exchanges, broker-dealers and other securities professionals, directors, officers and other parties in class, derivative and other litigation involving charges of fraud, inadequate disclosure, violation of regulatory requirements, and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Senior Counsel
- Speaking Engagement, Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Webcast,
- Institute for Paralegal Education; Webinar,
- Corporate News: A Legal Update,
- Corporate Governance: From Nuts and Bolts to Trending TopicsCorporate Governance: From Nuts and Bolts to Trending Topics
Molly Arranz and Eric Fogel discussed the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and some of the recent enforcement actions.
- State of Illinois Force Majeure Law Compendium (during COVID-19 pandemic)State of Illinois Force Majeure Law Compendium (during COVID-19 pandemic)
In USLAW NETWORK’s newly released COVID-19 Force Majeure Compendium of Law, Karen Tobin seeks to provide an Illinois exemplar on relevant considerations with respect to invoking “force majeure” clauses in contracts in light of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis.
- Attorney Steven Sims Joins SmithAmundsen’s Corporate Practice GroupAttorney Steven Sims Joins SmithAmundsen’s Corporate Practice Group
- The Corporate Paralegal: Overcoming Top ChallengesThe Corporate Paralegal: Overcoming Top Challenges