Each unique commercial finance transaction requires thoughtful planning and counsel. We take a creative approach to representing institutional lenders and borrowers in sophisticated commercial loan transactions. Our attorneys have substantial experience representing banks and other commercial lenders and business borrowers with commercial loans, including documentation, negotiation, execution and post-closing follow-up.
Amundsen Davis’s commercial lending practice includes complex asset loans with routine and unusual collateral, cash-flow loans, line of credit facilities, letter of credit facilities, and mezzanine loans, with or without equity features. Our clients include many leading banks, national life insurance companies, residential, retail, office and medical facility real estate developers; and privately held and publicly traded companies with annual revenues from $1 to $250 million to name a few.
By understanding the business goals of our clients, we ensure that their experiences with the commercial finance process are smooth, efficient, and cost-effective from initial negotiations to closing and throughout the life of the credit facility. At the same time, we remain focused on managing and controlling the unique set of risks facing each of our clients. Our goal is simple — provide value throughout the commercial finance process by facilitating the orderly completion of transactions while at the same time mitigating our clients’ risks.
Secured and Unsecured Financing
Our commercial lending services include negotiating, structuring and documenting secured and unsecured financing transactions involving both personal and real property, including:
- Working capital and revolving credit loans
- Term and convertible term facilities
- Construction loans
- Commercial real estate loans
- Syndications and participations
- Leveraged buy-outs
- Interest rate swaps and other derivative transactions
In addition to conventional commercial financing, we represent underwriters, investment banks, letter of credit providers and borrowers in connection with the issuance of tax-exempt and taxable bonds by state and municipal issuers for general government purposes or on behalf of 501(c)(3) entities and other borrowers.
Loan Restructuring and Workouts
As part of our commitment to assist clients, we also provide assistance to creditors when loans become troubled. Our attorneys have substantial experience in restructuring problem loans, negotiating workouts, and enforcing of creditors’ rights and remedies through foreclosures, replevins, receiverships, non-judicial sale of collateral, and bankruptcies.
- Senior Counsel
- Article, Amundsen Davis Banking & Finance Alert,
- Federal Bank Regulators Issue Policy Statement on Prudent Commercial Real Estate Loan AccommodationsArticle, Amundsen Davis Banking & Finance Alert,
- Article, Amundsen Davis Banking & Finance Alert,
- SBA Creates New Safe Harbor for PPP Certification Review: Loans Under $2 Million Deemed Certified in Good Faith and Loans Over $2 Million Subject to Possible Loss of Forgiveness (Updated May 14, 2020: New PPP FAQ #47 published)Article,
- Limited Safe Harbor May 14 Deadline Looms: Did I Misunderstand or Misapply the PPP Borrower Certification?Article,
- Breaking News: SBA Extends PPP Safe Harbor Repayment Deadline to May 14: Promises Additional Guidance on Certification ReviewArticle,
- CARES Act Passed Providing Forgivable Loans to Maintain Business Continuity in Trying Times (Updated March 27, 2020)Article,
- Speaking Engagement, Indianapolis Bar Association, Seminar; Indianapolis, IN,
- Speaking Engagement, Appleton, WI,
- Speaking Engagement, TMA Milwaukee Committee, Seminar; Milwaukee, WI,
- SmithAmundsen, Webcast,
- Speaking Engagement, BizTimes Media, Old National Bank, and SVA Certified Public Accountants, Webcast,
- Speaking Engagement, Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants 2020 Accounting and Auditing Conference, Livestream,
- Speaking Engagement, First Midwest Bank, Sikich LLP and BT360, Webcast,
- Speaking Engagement, BizTimes Media, Webcast,
- Institute for Paralegal Education; Webinar,
- Publication, The Indiana Lawyer,
Education on Demand
Preparing to sell your business can be an overwhelming endeavor. A checklist of considerations for mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions can ease the burden.
- 105 Amundsen Davis Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in 2024 in America105 Amundsen Davis Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in 2024 in America
We are extremely excited to congratulate 105 of our attorneys on being recognized by Best Lawyers® in 2024 in America.
- Commercial Lending 101: An Overview of Loan Documentation and StructuringCommercial Lending 101: An Overview of Loan Documentation and Structuring
Join Keith Mundrick and sponsor Indianapolis Bar Association for a seminar that will provide an overview of the key documents and legal considerations for structuring, documenting and closing commercial loan transactions.
- Insights from the OCC Semiannual Risk PerspectiveInsights from the OCC Semiannual Risk Perspective
On June 14, 2023, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) published its Semiannual Risk Perspective which identifies key issues facing the federal banking system.
- Federal Bank Regulators Issue Policy Statement on Prudent Commercial Real Estate Loan AccommodationsFederal Bank Regulators Issue Policy Statement on Prudent Commercial Real Estate Loan Accommodations
Since early 2023, there has been consistent reporting of possible turbulence and increased default risk relating to commercial real estate loans. These concerns are driven by historic levels of maturing debt, which is in many cases secured by real estate that has taken a sharp hit in value.