Each unique commercial finance transaction requires thoughtful planning and counsel. We take a creative approach to representing institutional lenders and borrowers in sophisticated commercial loan transactions. Our attorneys have substantial experience representing banks and other commercial lenders and business borrowers with commercial loans, including documentation, negotiation, execution and post-closing follow-up.
Amundsen Davis’s commercial lending practice includes complex asset loans with routine and unusual collateral, cash-flow loans, line of credit facilities, letter of credit facilities, and mezzanine loans, with or without equity features. Our clients include many leading banks, national life insurance companies, residential, retail, office and medical facility real estate developers; and privately held and publicly traded companies with annual revenues from $1 to $250 million to name a few.
By understanding the business goals of our clients, we ensure that their experiences with the commercial finance process are smooth, efficient, and cost-effective from initial negotiations to closing and throughout the life of the credit facility. At the same time, we remain focused on managing and controlling the unique set of risks facing each of our clients. Our goal is simple — provide value throughout the commercial finance process by facilitating the orderly completion of transactions while at the same time mitigating our clients’ risks.
Secured and Unsecured Financing
Our commercial lending services include negotiating, structuring and documenting secured and unsecured financing transactions involving both personal and real property, including:
- Working capital and revolving credit loans
- Term and convertible term facilities
- Construction loans
- Commercial real estate loans
- Syndications and participations
- Leveraged buy-outs
- Interest rate swaps and other derivative transactions
In addition to conventional commercial financing, we represent underwriters, investment banks, letter of credit providers and borrowers in connection with the issuance of tax-exempt and taxable bonds by state and municipal issuers for general government purposes or on behalf of 501(c)(3) entities and other borrowers.
Loan Restructuring and Workouts
As part of our commitment to assist clients, we also provide assistance to creditors when loans become troubled. Our attorneys have substantial experience in restructuring problem loans, negotiating workouts, and enforcing of creditors’ rights and remedies through foreclosures, replevins, receiverships, non-judicial sale of collateral, and bankruptcies.
- Senior Counsel
- SBA Creates New Safe Harbor for PPP Certification Review: Loans Under $2 Million Deemed Certified in Good Faith and Loans Over $2 Million Subject to Possible Loss of Forgiveness (Updated May 14, 2020: New PPP FAQ #47 published)Article,
- Limited Safe Harbor May 14 Deadline Looms: Did I Misunderstand or Misapply the PPP Borrower Certification?Article,
- Breaking News: SBA Extends PPP Safe Harbor Repayment Deadline to May 14: Promises Additional Guidance on Certification ReviewArticle,
- CARES Act Passed Providing Forgivable Loans to Maintain Business Continuity in Trying Times (Updated March 27, 2020)Article,
- Speaking Engagement, TMA Milwaukee Committee, Seminar; Milwaukee, WI,
- SmithAmundsen, Webcast,
- Speaking Engagement, BizTimes Media, Old National Bank, and SVA Certified Public Accountants, Webcast,
- Speaking Engagement, Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants 2020 Accounting and Auditing Conference, Livestream,
- Speaking Engagement, First Midwest Bank, Sikich LLP and BT360, Webcast,
- Speaking Engagement, BizTimes Media, Webcast,
- Institute for Paralegal Education; Webinar,
- Publication, The Indiana Lawyer,
Education on Demand
Preparing to sell your business can be an overwhelming endeavor. A checklist of considerations for mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions can ease the burden.
- 45 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 202345 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 2023
Congratulate to our 45 attorneys on being recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 2023!
- The importance of client service and relationshipsThe importance of client service and relationships
Customer service can be make-or-break for restaurants, hotels, and retail stores. This can also be the case for law firms!
- Behind the Scenes: Evaluating Out-of-Court Workouts, Bankruptcy, and Chapter 128 ReceivershipsBehind the Scenes: Evaluating Out-of-Court Workouts, Bankruptcy, and Chapter 128 Receiverships
Join us for "Behind the Scenes: Evaluating Out-of-Court Workouts, Bankruptcy, and Chapter 128 Receiverships".
- Thinking About Selling Your Business? What You Need to be Doing NowThinking About Selling Your Business? What You Need to be Doing Now
View our on demand webcast where Steve Sims presents on how to prepare for the sale of your business. This presentation focuses on the sale of a solvent, privately-owned business.