Keith practices in the areas of commercial lending, commercial real estate, and commercial litigation. He represents businesses, financial institutions, and property owners in a wide array of complex legal matters.
Keith’s work in commercial lending includes drafting loan documentation and closing loan transactions for middle market commercial, industrial and real estate lenders. He also represents lenders in work-outs and restructurings of problem credits, including structuring and negotiating forbearance agreements. Keith also acts as local counsel for borrowers or lenders in lending transactions involving multi-state collateral, including the preparation of supporting opinions of counsel.
Keith handles a variety of issues relating to commercial real estate for nationwide investors, property owners, and lenders, including acquisitions and dispositions, matters related to title insurance, land surveys, environmental issues, leasing, and eminent domain. He has addressed matters related to title and survey due diligence in over 25 different states. Keith has experience advising clients on matters related to eminent domain and condemnation proceedings. Keith also represents individuals and families in high-end residential real estate transactions and disputes, and has experience representing homeowner associations in a variety of contexts.
As a seasoned litigator with first-chair trial and arbitration experience, Keith also represents clients in disputes involving commercial matters, real estate, financing agreements, contractual issues, construction, insurance coverage, and a variety of tort claims. Keith has brought scores of disputes to successful resolution. His appellate work is reflected in significant published decisions in the Supreme Court of Indiana and Indiana Court of Appeals.
When he isn’t practicing law, Keith enjoys Indy’s evolving dining and beverage scene, cooking with his family, and working on his golf game. Keith avidly follows the Chicago Blackhawks and the PGA Tour. He also serves as school board president of a private elementary school in Zionsville, Indiana.
Membership & Involvement
- Indianapolis Bar Association: Executive Committee; Business Law Section
- Member: Indiana Bankers Association – Future Leadership Division; Midwest Business Brokers & Intermediaries
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana: Board of Directors; Business Litigation Section; Insurance Coverage Section
- School Committee: Advent Lutheran Church
- Volunteer: Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc.
- Volunteer Judge: American Mock Trial Association, National High School Mock Trial Championship
- Selected to the Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" list: 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
- Outstanding Young Lawyer of 2019, Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana: 2019
Resources & Insights
- Federal Bank Regulators Issue Policy Statement on Prudent Commercial Real Estate Loan AccommodationsArticle, Amundsen Davis Banking & Finance Alert,
- Article, Amundsen Davis Banking & Finance Alert,
- Speaking Engagement, Indianapolis Bar Association, Seminar; Indianapolis, IN,
- Event, Amundsen Davis, Webcast,
- USLAW Network, Webcast, September 30, 2020 - October 9, 2020
- Indiana Insurance Law Primer: Bad FaithPresenter, DTCI Annual Seminar 2017, Indiana,
- Publication, The Indiana Lawyer,
- Handling Depositions Like a ProfessionalThe Indiana Lawyer,
- Examining the "Special Relationship" and Insurers' Duty of Good Faith and Fair Dealing in IndianaIndiana Civil Litigation Journal, Vol 13,
- DRI Insurance Bad Faith Compendium
- In the Dirt: A Real Estate Legal Update,
- In the Dirt: A Real Estate Legal Update,
- Congratulations to the Amundsen Davis Attorneys Included on the 2023 Indiana Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListsFirm News, Amundsen Davis,
- 6 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Included on 2022 Indiana Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists6 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Included on 2022 Indiana Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
SmithAmundsen is pleased to announce the inclusion of 6 attorneys on the 2022 Indiana Super Lawyers® and 2022 Indiana Rising StarsSM lists. Super Lawyers® is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
- Congratulations to the Amundsen Davis Attorneys Included on the 2023 Indiana Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListsCongratulations to the Amundsen Davis Attorneys Included on the 2023 Indiana Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
Congratulations to the 5 Amundsen Davis attorneys who were included on the 2023 Indiana Super Lawyers® and 2023 Indiana Rising StarsSM lists.
- Commercial Lending 101: An Overview of Loan Documentation and StructuringCommercial Lending 101: An Overview of Loan Documentation and Structuring
Join Keith Mundrick and sponsor Indianapolis Bar Association for a seminar that will provide an overview of the key documents and legal considerations for structuring, documenting and closing commercial loan transactions.
- Federal Bank Regulators Issue Policy Statement on Prudent Commercial Real Estate Loan AccommodationsFederal Bank Regulators Issue Policy Statement on Prudent Commercial Real Estate Loan Accommodations
Since early 2023, there has been consistent reporting of possible turbulence and increased default risk relating to commercial real estate loans. These concerns are driven by historic levels of maturing debt, which is in many cases secured by real estate that has taken a sharp hit in value.