Keith practices in the areas of commercial lending, commercial real estate, and commercial litigation. He represents businesses and financial institutions in a wide array of complex legal matters.
Keith’s work in commercial lending includes drafting loan documentation and closing loan transactions for middle market commercial, industrial and commercial real estate lenders. Keith has experience representing lenders in floor plan and other financings secured by aircraft, watercraft, and motor vehicles. He also represents lenders in work-outs and restructurings of problem credits, including structuring and negotiating forbearance agreements. Keith also acts as local counsel for borrowers or lenders in lending transactions involving multi-state collateral, including the preparation of supporting opinions of counsel.
Keith handles a variety of issues relating to commercial real estate for nationwide lenders and investors, including acquisitions and dispositions, matters related to title insurance, land surveys, environmental issues, and lease agreements. He has addressed matters related to title and survey due diligence in over 25 different states. Keith also has experience representing homeowners associations in a variety of contexts, and has successfully resolved HOA complications arising in lending transactions. Keith also represents individuals and families in high-end residential real estate transactions and disputes.
As a seasoned litigator with first-chair trial and arbitration experience, Keith also represents corporate clients and lenders in disputes involving commercial matters, financing agreements, contractual issues, construction, insurance coverage, and a variety of tort claims. Keith has brought scores of disputes to successful resolution. His appellate work is reflected in significant published decisions in the Supreme Court of Indiana and Indiana Court of Appeals.
When he isn’t practicing law, Keith enjoys Indy’s evolving dining and beverage scene, cooking with his family, and working on his golf game. Keith avidly follows the Chicago Blackhawks and the PGA Tour. He also serves as school board president of a private elementary school in Zionsville, Indiana.
Membership & Involvement
- Indianapolis Bar Association: Executive Committee; Business Law Section
- Member: Indiana Bankers Association – Future Leadership Division
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana: Board of Directors; Business Litigation Section; Insurance Coverage Section
- School Committee: Advent Lutheran Church
- Volunteer: Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc.
- Volunteer Judge: American Mock Trial Association, National High School Mock Trial Championship
- Selected to Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List: 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
- Best Lawyers “One to Watch” List: 2021
- Outstanding Young Lawyer of 2019, Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana: 2019
Resources & Insights
- USLAW Network, Webcast, September 30, 2020 - October 9, 2020
- Indiana Insurance Law Primer: Bad FaithPresenter, DTCI Annual Seminar 2017, Indiana,
- Publication, The Indiana Lawyer,
- Handling Depositions Like a ProfessionalThe Indiana Lawyer,
- Examining the "Special Relationship" and Insurers' Duty of Good Faith and Fair Dealing in IndianaIndiana Civil Litigation Journal, Vol 13,
- DRI Insurance Bad Faith Compendium
- In the Dirt: A Real Estate Legal Update,
- In the Dirt: A Real Estate Legal Update,
- Congratulations to the Amundsen Davis Attorneys Included on the 2023 Indiana Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListsFirm News, Amundsen Davis,
- 6 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Included on 2022 Indiana Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists6 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Included on 2022 Indiana Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
SmithAmundsen is pleased to announce the inclusion of 6 attorneys on the 2022 Indiana Super Lawyers® and 2022 Indiana Rising StarsSM lists. Super Lawyers® is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
- 38 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 202238 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 2022
Inclusion in this listing is entirely based on peer review and demonstrates that attorneys in each nominee’s respective fields hold these attorneys in high esteem.
- Congratulations to the Amundsen Davis Attorneys Included on the 2023 Indiana Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListsCongratulations to the Amundsen Davis Attorneys Included on the 2023 Indiana Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
Congratulations to the 5 Amundsen Davis attorneys who were included on the 2023 Indiana Super Lawyers® and 2023 Indiana Rising StarsSM lists.
- The importance of client service and relationshipsThe importance of client service and relationships
Customer service can be make-or-break for restaurants, hotels, and retail stores. This can also be the case for law firms!
Indiana University - Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., 2012, cum laude
Bradley University, B.S., 2009, cum laude