SmithAmundsen joined with over 100 USLAW (www.uslaw.org) member law firms recently to participate in the USLAW Network Virtual Worldwide Retreat, a 10-day conference developed for general counsel, in-house counsel and all legal decision makers. The retreat included presentations that looked ahead, beyond the immediacy of COVID-19 issues, and addressed significant business, legal and economic issues while projecting what the future will look like in the next 12, 24 and 36 months.
Many SmithAmundsen attorneys presented over the course of the 10-day retreat and we are delighted to provide these presentations on demand below.
Industry Experts Fireside Chats
- Construction Law – Dennis Cotter hosts Stephen Sandherr, the Chief Executive Officer of the Associated General Contractors of America, as they discuss the construction industry’s challenges, the economic outlook for the next 24 to 36 months and how the election results could change the picture. View the video here: https://vimeo.com/466263342/ce5c7489df.
- Transportation and Logistics – Hosted by Lew Bricker, Derek Leathers, Vice Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Werner Enterprises and Robert Costello, Chief Economist & Senior Vice President American Trucking Associations (ATA) share firsthand experiences of how COVID-19 has impacted the commercial transportation industry and their predictions for the industry in the next two to four years. View the video here: https://vimeo.com/466267483/51114ceef6.
Practice Group 5-Minute Drills
- Christine Anto, Insurance Law, Bad Faith Litigation During COVID: How COVID Court Delays Can Impact Pending Bad Faith Claims - View the video here: https://vimeo.com/469314181/66bb058ab6.
- Lew Bricker, Transportation and Logistics, Technology and Trucks – New Product Liability Claims - View the video here: https://vimeo.com/469310172/6c5a38ac23.
- Craig Cappas, Retail and Hospitality Law, Tips and Tricks for Plaintiff, Witness and 30(b)(6) Virtual Depositions - View the video here: https://vimeo.com/469308222/fb4553e55a.
- Dennis Cotter, Chair, USLAW Construction Practice Group, Why Clients Choose USLAW Construction Law Firms – View the video here: https://vimeo.com/471011339/cfb25daf5b View all Construction Law Videos here: https://vimeo.com/462484342/b4aecfcced
- Matt Horn, Construction Law, Readdressing Force Majeure Clauses in Construction Contracts - View the video here: https://vimeo.com/469311682/698c764dc0.
- Ken Perry, Professional Liability, Non-Lawyer Practice of Law and Exposure Issues - View the video here: https://vimeo.com/469307904/2a08fac261.
- Julie Proscia, Labor and Employment, Blurring the Lines: Monitoring Remote Work While Balancing Employee Privacy Rights - View the video here: https://vimeo.com/469306330/7d9e6e48bd.
Short Takes – Subject Matter Leaders
- Darren Grady – Cannabis Law - View the video here: https://vimeo.com/461926144/b9b055cd27.
- Molly Arranz – Cyber Security and Data Privacy - View the video here: https://vimeo.com/461928260/b539218bd3.
- Appellate Law – Hosted by Larry Schechtman - View the video here: https://vimeo.com/461922339/5608b8fafd.
Home Field Advantage
- Lew Bricker, Civil Litigation, Illinois: Pride and Prejudice: Allocating Fault and the Trials and Tribulations of Illinois Law - View the video here: https://vimeo.com/462199409/85a6ec7f97.
- Julie Proscia, L&E, Illinois: Sexual Harassment Training: Still An Annual Requirement in Illinois Despite COVID-19 - View the video here: https://vimeo.com/459252727/71fbf1709b.
- Molly Arranz, General Business, Illinois: The Continued Savvy of Wire Transfer Fraud: What Every Business Should Be Doing - View the video here: https://vimeo.com/462451082/09ab1d3a52.
- Keith Mundrick, Civil Litigation, Indiana: Winning Summary Judgment Based on “Duty” Under Indiana’s Evolving Standard - View the video here: https://vimeo.com/462199528/55f70e8e81.
- Suzanne Newcomb, L&E, Indiana: Indiana Employee Restrictive Covenants: Proper Safeguard of Client’s Legally Protectable Interests or Unenforceable Restraint on Individual Rights and Free Trade?- View the video here: https://vimeo.com/459252925/fedeca2b1b.
- Suzannah Wilson Overholt, General Business, Indiana: The Path Less Traveled: Indiana’s Reconstituted Corporate Law - View the video here: https://vimeo.com/462451213/2bcb2c6c8f.
- Managing Partner