Attorneys in our retail group handle all types of claims involved in the retail field, both before and after claims are filed. We provide clients with both defense trial skills and assistance in reducing overall risks. Our goal is to partner with our clients to handle their business matters most efﬁciently, through training, response, and ultimate litigation, if needed.
Our attorneys are experienced in all areas of litigation, including trial and utilization of alternative dispute resolution techniques. We have decades of trial experience, but also will advocate the use of mediation and pre-trial conferences to resolve cases where appropriate. In addition, group members serve as independent arbitrators and have served as arbitrators for the Cook County Mandatory Arbitration Program.
Our attorneys are available to assist in the investigation of major retail-related claims. We formulate on-site defense strategies, protect privileged communications, and counsel employees.
Areas of Practice
Our attorneys are speciﬁcally trained to defend the types of claims faced by retailers including:
- Premises liability (such as falling merchandise and slip and fall claims)
- Product liability, including indemnification and reviewing/drafting vendor contracts
- Malicious prosecution/false arrest
- Third-party criminal acts
- Pharmacy liability
- Providing emergency response services during catastrophic incidents
We provide our clients with:
- Detailed initial evaluations and defense plans, within 60 to 90 days
- Settlement options such as our Pre-Trial Conference Program and/or plans for Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Claim prevention (including store employee and adjuster training)
- Firm News,
- Firm News, Amundsen Davis,
- Firm News,
- Firm News,
- Missouri Lawyers Media,
In the Media
- USLAW Network, Webcast, September 30, 2020 - October 9, 2020
Supreme Court agrees to hear Jack Daniel’s trademark case against dog toy company, Comedian Jeff Ross At Center Of Supreme Court Dearth Penalty Appeal, & Elon Musks text messages in the lead-up to his bid to buy Twitter.
- Subscribe to Amundsen Davis's Litigation Nation Podcast for the latest legal updates!Subscribe to Amundsen Davis's Litigation Nation Podcast for the latest legal updates!
Litigation Nation, a brand new Amundsen Davis podcast with co-hosts Jack Sanker & Luke Behnke, is a weekly roundup of the most important and interesting legal developments you missed. New episodes release bi-weekly on Tuesday, summarizing the newsletters you don't have time to read and diving into the headlines to bring you what you need to know.
- Amundsen Davis Attorneys Included in the 2023 Illinois Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListAmundsen Davis Attorneys Included in the 2023 Illinois Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
Amundsen Davis is pleased to announce the inclusion of 25 attorneys on the 2023 Illinois Super Lawyers® and 2022 Illinois Rising StarsSM lists!
- Attorney Musa Zahdan Joins SmithAmundsen's Retail Service GroupAttorney Musa Zahdan Joins SmithAmundsen's Retail Service Group
We are pleased to welcome Attorney Musa Zahdan to our Retail Service Group in our Chicago office.
- 45 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 202345 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 2023
Congratulate to our 45 attorneys on being recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 2023!