When claims are made against professionals, Pat is the attorney called to advocate for their interests. With more than 35 years of both civil litigation and prosecution experience, Pat is a founding member of the firm, co-managing partner of the Milwaukee office, and co-chair of the Professional Liability Service Group. He concentrates his practice in the defense of insurance companies and their insureds. He defends both non-medical professionals (architects & engineers, lawyers, accountants, realtors, stock brokers, and miscellaneous professionals) and medical professionals (nursing homes, pharmacists, dentists, physicians, nurses, and hospitals). Additionally, he handles product liability matters, litigations involving construction, automobile, trucking, and the defense of catastrophic injuries. Pat especially enjoys adversarial work on behalf of professional services firms, as he finds the lawsuits they face to be more personal and not merely an economic issue. Pat is also a mediator and helps parties resolve their cases through mediation.
Membership & Involvement
- Member: Illinois State Bar Association; Wisconsin State Bar Association; Milwaukee Bar Association; Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS); Defense Research Institute
Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ rated
Selected to the Wisconsin Super Lawyers List: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© in Professional Malpractice: 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© in Litigation - Construction: 2022, 2023
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© Lawyer of the Year List in Professional Malpractice - Defendants, Milwaukee: 2021
Resources & Insights
- Firm News, Amundsen Davis,
- Firm News,
- Super Lawyers,
- SmithAmundsen Attorneys Included in the 2021 Wisconsin Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListSmithAmundsen Attorneys Included in the 2021 Wisconsin Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
SmithAmundsen is pleased to announce the inclusion of Pat Lubenow on the 2021 Wisconsin Super Lawyers® list and Joe Trevino and Luke Behnke on the 2021 Wisconsin Rising Stars list.
- 38 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 202238 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 2022
Inclusion in this listing is entirely based on peer review and demonstrates that attorneys in each nominee’s respective fields hold these attorneys in high esteem.
- Amundsen Davis Attorneys Included in the 2022 Wisconsin Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListAmundsen Davis Attorneys Included in the 2022 Wisconsin Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
Amundsen Davis is pleased to announce the inclusion of 22 attorneys on the 2022 Wisconsin Super Lawyers® and 2022 Wisconsin Rising Stars lists.
- 45 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 202345 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 2023
Congratulate to our 45 attorneys on being recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 2023!
University of Wisconsin Law School J.D., 1984, cum laude
University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A., 1981