At a time when lawsuits are as prevalent as ever, resolving them quickly and equitably helps keep the scales of justice in balance. For nearly 20 years, Heather has remained mindful of this in her pursuit of furthering the interests of justice as a dedicated trial attorney. She concentrates her practice in all matters of products liability; premises liability; commercial litigation; construction litigation, real estate and zoning litigation; and environmental and toxic tort matters.
Using a cost-effective and individualistic approach, Heather typically defends manufacturers and suppliers of products that have been sued for personal injuries sustained by a consumer. She also represents business entities that own or lease premises that have been sued for personal injuries sustained by a person while on their premises. Heather has obtained favorable decisions for her clients at trial, and has successfully disposed of matters on motions for summary judgment and motions to dismiss in both state and federal court.
In a memorable case, Heather was successful in a motion to dismiss filed pursuant to Missouri’s Innocent Seller Statute, thereby extricating a safety equipment supplier from a multi-defendant action concerning a workplace accident. The accident involved an employee sustaining a significant brain injury in which the protective headgear supplied by Heather’s client was alleged to have been defective.
Membership & Involvement
- Defense Research Institute: Vice Chair of Product Liability Conference (2022-2023); Products Liability Steering Committee (2013 - present); Women in the Law Liaison (2013 - 2017); Member-At-Large (2010-Present)
- Women Lawyers’ Association of Greater St. Louis: Board Member, President (2015-2016), President-Elect (2014-2015), Vice-President (2013-2014), Member-At-Large (2012-2013)
- Member: Missouri State Bar; Illinois State Bar; California State Bar; Lawyers’ Association of St. Louis; Women Lawyers’ Association of Greater St. Louis
- Selected to Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers list: 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Selected to Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" list: 2016, 2017
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ rated
- Recognized as an “Up & Coming” lawyer by Missouri Lawyers’ Media in 2014
- Recognized as a "Rising Star" by Missouri Lawyers Weekly at the annual Missouri Women's Justice Awards
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© in Litigation - Insurance: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
Resources & Insights
In the Media
- Chicago, IL,
- Brando's Speakeasy, June 21, 2017
- Women Lawyer's Association of Greater St. Louis,
- The Recent Change in Missouri's Law License Reactivation Rules: A Small Change Amounts to Meaningful Improvement for Women LawyersSt. Louis Lawyers Magazine,
- Firm News, SmithAmundsen,
- Firm News,
- SmithAmundsen, November 13, 2019
- Missouri Lawyers Media,
- SmithAmundsen Attorneys Included in the 2021 Missouri Super Lawyers ListSmithAmundsen Attorneys Included in the 2021 Missouri Super Lawyers List
We are pleased to announce the inclusion of Heather Bub on the 2021 Missouri Super Lawyers® list!
- 38 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 202238 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 2022
Inclusion in this listing is entirely based on peer review and demonstrates that attorneys in each nominee’s respective fields hold these attorneys in high esteem.
- Heather Bub Included in the 2022 Missouri Super Lawyers ListHeather Bub Included in the 2022 Missouri Super Lawyers List
We are pleased to announce the inclusion of Heather Bub on the 2022 Missouri Super Lawyers® list!
- 45 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 202345 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 2023
Congratulate to our 45 attorneys on being recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 2023!
University of California-Los Angeles School of Law, J.D., 2003
University of California-San Diego, B.A., 2000, magna cum laude