It is not every day a judge apologizes to defense counsel in a written opinion, but in a motion Christine argued to reconsider an adverse ruling, that’s exactly what happened. Christine’s enthusiastic and dedicated advocacy on behalf of her clients allows her to achieve success in and out of the court room every day.
Christine looks at the big picture when providing counsel to her clients. She is dedicated to giving practical and economical advice. As chair of the firm’s Insurance Services Service Group and a member of the firm's Transportation & Logistics Service Group, she concentrates on personal, commercial and professional lines of insurance, as well as extra-contractual/bad faith claims. She provides coverage opinions, negotiates coverage disputes and handles all aspects of litigation actions on behalf of insurance companies. She represents the interests of insurance companies, their employees and independent insurance agents.
In the transportation industry Christine counsels trucking companies and their insurers in negotiating coverage issues and litigating declaratory judgment actions. She also provides counsel to clients with respect to contractual indemnification issues and represents the interests of parties in both seeking and contesting indemnification from others. Her vast experience includes matters in the areas of automobile liability, uninsured and underinsured motorists, homeowners, professional liability, medical malpractice, construction, environmental and toxic tort.
In her free time Christine travels to and explores new places with her husband and their two sons.
Membership & Involvement
- Member: Chicago Bar Association; American Bar Association
Resources & Insights
In the Media
- SmithAmundsen Transportation Alert,
- Trucking Accident Cases and Insurance Coverage Complexities: Guidance for Personal Injury Counsel and Industry ProfessionalsSpeaking Engagement, Stafford; Webcast,
- Insurance 2022Speaking Engagement, 2022 USLAW Spring 2022 Client Conference,
- Keeping Up With Claims Files, Privileges, & Claims Professional DepositionsSpeaking Engagement, Client Seminar, Bloomington, Illinois,
- Managing Stress in Your Personal and Professional Life: More Than Just a Pedicure and a MassageSpeaking Engagement, The USLAW Women’s Connection,
- USLAW Network, Webcast, September 30, 2020 - October 9, 2020
- USLAW Network, Webcast,
- Illinois Bad FaithSpeaking Engagement, Client Seminar,
- Auto Risk Management Seminar: Legal Implications and Risk Management of Telematics, Distracted Driving and Hired Non Owned AutosClient Seminar; Chicago, IL,
- Trucking Coverage 101USLAW Trucking Boot Camp,
- Taking Initiative: Paving Your Path To SuccessUSLAW Women’s Connection,
- Insurance Coverage Issues – Five Minute DrillUSLAW Spring Conference,
- UIM and TBI ClaimsClient Presentation; Chicago, IL,
- Stafford; Webinar,
- Risk Mitigation, Insurance, SIRs and the Evolving MarketUSLAW Spring Conference,
- USLAW Network Risk Management Exchange
- Ethical Conflicts of Interest: Illinois, Indiana, Missouri and WisconsinClient Seminar,
- Insurance Issues in Trucking LitigationClient Seminar, Brookfield, WI,
- Passing the Buck: Tips on How to Get the Quickest and Most Effective Risk Transfer (A Top Ten List)Sedona, AZ,
- USLAW DigiKnow,
- Defense Counsel as Ethically Challenged or Merely in a Position where Appearance of Impropriety Exists when Insurer and Insured have Conflicts of Interest?IDC Quarterly, Vol. 22, No. 2, 2012
- Trucking Accident Cases and Insurance Coverage Complexities: Guidance for Personal Injury Counsel and Industry ProfessionalsTrucking Accident Cases and Insurance Coverage Complexities: Guidance for Personal Injury Counsel and Industry Professionals
Join Christine Anto and Lew Bricker for this 90-minute CLE webcast with Q&A on trucking claims and their coverage issues!
- Insurance 2022Insurance 2022
- Keeping Up With Claims Files, Privileges, & Claims Professional DepositionsKeeping Up With Claims Files, Privileges, & Claims Professional Depositions
- Insurer Says Ruptured Pipeline Damages Not Covered – Law360 Article Mentions Christine AntoInsurer Says Ruptured Pipeline Damages Not Covered – Law360 Article Mentions Christine Anto
In August, Law360 posted an article about Indiana Farmers Mutual’s suit for a declaration that it’s not responsible for defending a farming contractor against allegations it caused damages after rupturing a gas pipeline.