We offer a full-service capital markets practice that provides transactional and ongoing advice through all stages for companies of all sizes. With senior-level attention, we have represented investment banks and investors in connection with U.S. and global capital markets transactions, including SEC registered, Regulation D, Rule 144A and Regulation S offerings. Our expertise spans equity and debt products, including initial public offerings, investment grade and non-investment grade debt, SPACs and other permanent capital vehicles, preferred stock, equity-linked securities, PIPEs and registered direct offerings.
In addition to our transactional capital markets practice, we counsel public companies, their boards, board committees, special committees, executive officers and investors in connection with ongoing compliance under the U.S. securities laws, including under Dodd-Frank and Sarbanes-Oxley, and with exchange requirements, as well as on governance and executive compensation matters.
Our practice experience includes:
- Periodic and current reports (10-Ks, 10-Qs, and 8-Ks)
- Proxy statements, shareholder proposals, and proxy solicitation contests
- Issuer self-tender offers and exchange offers
- Third-party tender offers
- Exchange-listing standards and applications
- Beneficial ownership and insider reporting
- Advice on short-swing profits and insider trading
- Executive compensation disclosure and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Registered offerings, including initial and follow-on public offerings
- Private placements under Regulation D and other exempt offerings
- Venture capital financings
- Rule 144A offerings
- Preparation of registration statements, prospectuses, and offering memoranda
- Going-private transactions
- Blue sky issues
- Fund formation, broker-dealer and investment adviser regulations
- Resales of restricted securities
- Equity-linked securities (phantom stock and convertible debt)
- Options, warrants, preferred stock
- Stockholder rights
- Senior Counsel
- Firm News,
- Firm News,
- Firm News,
- Firm News,
- Attorney Carrie Hill Joins SmithAmundsen's Corporate and Financial Services Practice Groups in Indianapolis
- Borrowers Under SBA 504 and SBA 7(a) Loan Programs Eligible for Deferral of Principal, Interest and Fees for up to Six MonthsArticle,
- Employer Relief May Be in Sight – Senate Bill Includes Forgivable Loans to Maintain Payroll for Next Four MonthsArticle,
- More Accredited Investors? SEC Contemplates Expanding the Pool of Individuals That May Invest In Private PlacementsArticle,
- Event, Pritzlaff Event Center; Milwaukee, WI,
- Institute for Paralegal Education; Webinar,
- Speaking Engagement, Milwaukee Business Journal’s event room,
- Corporate News: A Legal Update,
- Amundsen Davis Promotes Four Attorneys to PartnerAmundsen Davis Promotes Four Attorneys to Partner
Congratulations to Amundsen Davis's four new partners!
- Subscribe to Amundsen Davis's Litigation Nation Podcast for the latest legal updates!Subscribe to Amundsen Davis's Litigation Nation Podcast for the latest legal updates!
Litigation Nation, a brand new Amundsen Davis podcast with co-hosts Jack Sanker & Luke Behnke, is a weekly roundup of the most important and interesting legal developments you missed. New episodes release bi-weekly on Tuesday, summarizing the newsletters you don't have time to read and diving into the headlines to bring you what you need to know.
- 45 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 202345 SmithAmundsen Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 2023
Congratulate to our 45 attorneys on being recognized by Best Lawyers in America© 2023!
- SmithAmundsen Promotes Seven Attorneys to PartnerSmithAmundsen Promotes Seven Attorneys to Partner
Congratulations to Luke Behnke, Amber Bishop, John Hayes, Matthew Kees, Elizabeth Lum, Paul Mackowski & Jack Sanker!