It was during Mike’s college football career where he learned the true value of teamwork and how it impacts success rates. He brings those same merits into each client transaction where he works with individuals and organizations to ensure their needs are met through creative solutions and collaboration.
As a member of the firm’s Real Estate, Zoning and Public Finance Service Group, Mike regularly counsels clients in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including providing advice on entity selection and formation, drafting purchase and sale agreements, offers to purchase, performing due diligence, and negotiating and drafting agreements with municipalities and other stakeholders. He has extensive experience counseling clients on land use and zoning matters, such as drafting easements and restrictive covenants, and providing advice regarding project requirements under local zoning laws. Mike also represents landlords and tenants in the drafting and negotiation of retail, health care, industrial, and office lease agreements.
In addition to his commercial real estate work, Mike advises clients on corporate matters such as business-to-business contract review and negotiation, business-to-consumer contract drafting and corporate governance issues. He also represents clients in M&A transactions, negotiating and drafting stock purchase and asset purchase agreements and performing due diligence research.
Membership & Involvement
- Member, NAIOP-Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- Member, National "W" Club
- Member, ArtWorks for Milwaukee, Governance Committee
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America® in Construction Law: 2024
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America® in Real Estate Law: 2024
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America® in Corporate Law: 2022, 2023, 2024
- Selected to the Wisconsin Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" list: 2020, 2021, 2022
- Selected to Wisconsin Law Journal “Up and Coming Lawyer” List: 2019
- Selected to NAIOP Developing Leader All Star List: 2018
Resources & Insights
- No Hidden Late Fees: Wisconsin Prohibits Residential Landlords from Charging Fees and Penalties for Late Rent Payment during the COVID-19 PandemicArticle,
- The Rise of Real Estate Funds – How Real Estate Investors Can Efficiently Raise Capital to Facilitate Development and AcquisitionsArticle,
- CARES Act Passed Providing Forgivable Loans to Maintain Business Continuity in Trying Times (Updated March 27, 2020)Article,
- Borrowers Under SBA 504 and SBA 7(a) Loan Programs Eligible for Deferral of Principal, Interest and Fees for up to Six MonthsArticle,
- Employer Relief May Be in Sight – Senate Bill Includes Forgivable Loans to Maintain Payroll for Next Four MonthsArticle,
- More Accredited Investors? SEC Contemplates Expanding the Pool of Individuals That May Invest In Private PlacementsArticle,
- Your Property At Risk: U.S. Supreme Court Decision Confirms Importance of Understanding Zoning During Real Estate AcquisitionsArticle,
- Speaking Engagement, 2022 Milwaukee Smart Business Dealmakers Conference; Milwaukee, WI,
- Speaking Engagement, RE Journals; Seminar; Milwaukee, WI,
- Speaking Engagement, BizTimes Media, Webcast,
- Speaking Engagement, RE Journals, Webcast,
- Speaking Engagement, RE Journals, Webcast,
- Event, Webcast,
- Event, Milwaukee Business Journal’s Downtown CEO Roundtable, Seminar; Milwaukee, WI,
- Speaking Engagement, Appleton, WI,
- Speaking Engagement, Wisconsin Exposition Center; West Allis, WI,
- Speaking Engagement, The Ingleside Hotel; Pewaukee, WI,
- Event, Potawatomi Hotel & Casino; Milwaukee, WI,
- Event, Emmons Business Interiors; Milwaukee, WI,
- Event, Lorman; Webcast,
- Speaking Engagement, Lorman Webcast,
- Speaking Engagement,
- 105 Amundsen Davis Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in 2024 in America105 Amundsen Davis Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in 2024 in America
We are extremely excited to congratulate 105 of our attorneys on being recognized by Best Lawyers® in 2024 in America.
- Amundsen Davis Attorneys Included in the 2022 Wisconsin Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListAmundsen Davis Attorneys Included in the 2022 Wisconsin Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
Amundsen Davis is pleased to announce the inclusion of 21 attorneys on the 2022 Wisconsin Super Lawyers® and 2022 Wisconsin Rising Stars lists.
- Evaluating Your Sell-Side OptionsEvaluating Your Sell-Side Options
Join Corporate, Commercial Real Estate Attorney Mike Van Someren who will moderate a discussion on Evaluating Your Sell-Side Options.
- 4th Annual Milwaukee Commercial Real Estate Summit4th Annual Milwaukee Commercial Real Estate Summit
Join Real Estate and Corporate Attorney, Michael Van Someren as he participates as a panelist along with several other speakers to address economic and business climate changes.