Ethan represents businesses, investors, and management in a wide range of capacities, including development, financing, leasing, and acquisition and disposition of properties. His clients are engaged in projects ranging from office, industrial, retail, to multi-family. Ethan also counsels both well-established businesses and start-ups with regard to entity selection and formation, governance, regulatory compliance, crisis and succession planning, and commercial contract drafting. He invests the time to understand his clients’ business plans and the industries in which they operate so that he can tailor cost-effective solutions to each client’s defined objectives. He uses his experience as a former litigator to help anticipate and avoid potential conflicts for his clients proactively. Further, Ethan advises private and public stakeholders on issues concerning land use regulation.
Membership & Involvement
Member: Wisconsin Bar Association; American Bar Association; Rotary International
Volunteer: Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinic; Marquette Legal Initiative for Non-Profits; Oconomowoc Food Pantry
- Selected to Best Lawyers® Ones to Watch - Corporate Law, Real Estate Law: 2021, 2022, 2023
Resources & Insights
- Speaking Engagement, EnviroForensics, Drycleaning & Laundry Institute (DLI), and Cleaner & Launderer, Webcast,
- Speaking Engagement, EnviroForensics, Drycleaning and Laundry Institute International (DLI) and Cleaner & Launderer, Webcast,
- Speaking Engagement, EnviroForensics, Minnesota Cleaners Association and Wisconsin Fabricare Association, Webcast,
- Event, Milwaukee Business Journal’s Downtown CEO Roundtable, Seminar; Milwaukee, WI,
- Happy Public Domain Day!Happy Public Domain Day!
Public Domain Day is one of the lesser known winter holidays celebrated by the elite few – artists of all sorts and copyright attorneys. We either mourn the passing of works into the public domain after decades of keeping them safe and warm or hail the expiration of long-held copyrights in anticipation of new, insightful, adaptive, and creative uses of these works and characters.
- The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for IvermectinThe Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin
Read Edna McLain’s recent article, “The Challenge of Serving in Black Robes, Not White Coats: The Second District Affirms the Denial of Patients’ Requests for Ivermectin” in IDC Quarterly!
- Keeping an Eye on PHI: OCR Guidance Concerning Permissible Disclosures of Reproductive Health PHI following DobbsKeeping an Eye on PHI: OCR Guidance Concerning Permissible Disclosures of Reproductive Health PHI following Dobbs
Learn the new guidance post-Dobbs for patient’s health information concerning abortion and other sexual and reproductive health services.
- Hold the Phones: State-level Telemarketing Laws In EffectHold the Phones: State-level Telemarketing Laws In Effect
Keep up to date with both the federal TCPA requirements and several state-level statutes!
Marquette University Law School, J.D., cum laude
Wisconsin Lutheran College, B.A.