Jackie’s clients appreciate her ability to explain sophisticated concepts during times that are often stressful. It’s her patience and attention to detail that are most notable when working with clients in estate and business succession planning, marital property agreements, probate, pre and post-nuptial agreements, guardianships, probate, and trust administration.
As a partner in the firm’s Trust, Estates and Succession Planning Service Group, Jackie regularly advises clients, particularly high net worth individuals, on all aspects of estate planning, including wills, revocable trusts, powers of attorney, irrevocable life insurance trusts, and generation-skipping transfer trusts. She brings a breadth of experience to negotiating settlement agreements in a contentious administration which allow for efficient estate settlements.
Jackie has extensive experience in advising clients in probate and trust administration after the death of a loved one. She has also assists clients in special needs planning, including creating trusts under WisPact and Life Navigators. As an animal lover herself, Jackie also advises clients on the best way to take care of pets after an owner’s incapacity or death, including drafting pet trusts.
Jackie also counsels business owners in ongoing business operating and succession planning. This includes the preparation of organizational documents, including the Articles of Incorporation and Operating Agreement, buy-sell and transfer restriction agreements, the negotiation and preparation of various other corporate agreements, as well as legal services related to ongoing business operations, and the documents necessary to ensure the successful transition of the ownership and management of the businesses.
Additionally, Jackie also advises clients on pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements, including provisions relating to keeping individual property (including business interests), maintenance, provisions for divorce, and provisions for death. She also has experience representing clients petitioning for a guardianship, including petitioning for guardianship over a minor child, petitioning for guardianship for a disabled child turning 18, and petitioning for guardianship over an incompetent adult.
Membership & Involvement
- Member: Waukesha County Estate Planning Council; Carroll Community Council
- Herbert Mueller Society Member: Greater Milwaukee Foundation
- Volunteer: Wills for Heroes
- Selected to the Wisconsin Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" list: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Selected to National Law Review's Go-To Thought Leader in Tax Law: 2021
- Selected to Wisconsin Law Journal Up and Coming Lawyer: 2016
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© in Trusts and Estates: 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
Resources & Insights
- Speaking Engagement, BizTimes, Family & Closely Held Business Summit; Brookfield, WI,
- Speaking Engagement, Wisconsin Exposition Center; West Allis, WI,
- Speaking Engagement, Italian Community Center; Milwaukee, WI,
- Speaking Engagement, Association for Women Lawyers,
- Speaking Engagement, Association of General Contractors (AGC) of Greater Milwaukee; Milwaukee, WI,
- Event, BizTimes Media; Milwaukee, WI,
- Speaking Engagement, Potawatomi Hotel & Casino; Milwaukee, WI,
- Firm News, SmithAmundsen,
- Amundsen Davis Attorneys Included in the 2022 Wisconsin Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListAmundsen Davis Attorneys Included in the 2022 Wisconsin Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
Amundsen Davis is pleased to announce the inclusion of 22 attorneys on the 2022 Wisconsin Super Lawyers® and 2022 Wisconsin Rising Stars lists.
- The IRS Extends Time to Make Portability ElectionThe IRS Extends Time to Make Portability Election
The IRS recently extended the period of time during which a surviving spouse can make a “portability election,” which enables the surviving spouse to reduce or eliminate federal estate taxes that otherwise may be due at the surviving spouse’s death.
- Proposed Wealth Tax Changes Under the Biden AdministrationProposed Wealth Tax Changes Under the Biden Administration
Proposed Wealth Tax Changes Under the Biden Administration
- Act Now – Estate Tax Planning Under the Biden AdministrationAct Now – Estate Tax Planning Under the Biden Administration
Over the past twenty years, there has been a dramatic change in the Estate tax laws. Given the Democratic control established in Washington, D.C. this month, additional Estate Tax reform is now a distinct possibility.
Marquette University Law School, J.D., 2012, cum laude
Carroll University, B.A., magna cum laude