The common goal of all franchising activity is to provide consumers with consistently uniform goods and services. Amundsen Davis helps clients reach this goal by assisting in all steps of the process, whether they are franchising an existing business as a franchisor, purchasing a franchise as a franchisee, or dealing with the day to day operations of running a business.
From the initial decision to franchise and the filing of disclosure documents, to managing employment issues and protecting franchise trademarks, our attorneys are equipped to assist franchise owners in any industry. We understand the wide variety of disclosure laws imposed by the Federal Trade Commission and individual states, and provide clients with sound guidance and insightful counsel. We also understand the risks and challenges of owning a franchise and defend owners against claims, as well as help them mitigate risk.
- Assist business owners in determining whether or not to franchise their business
- Assist prospective franchisees in determining whether or not to enter into an arrangement
- Address entity choice, financing and other related issues
- Advise prospective franchisees with alternatives to the traditional franchise arrangement
- Prepare franchise disclosure documents and review existing or proposed disclosure documents
- File disclosure documents with state agencies
- Prepare agreements that detail the relationship between the franchisor and the franchisee
- Protect franchise trademarks
- Assist in labor and employment matters
- Defend franchise owners against union organizing petitions
- Defend owners in litigation
- Enforce rights under franchise agreements
- Due Diligence Steps for Prospective Franchise InvestorsDue Diligence Steps for Prospective Franchise Investors
While owning a franchise can be rewarding and profitable, many prospective franchisees overlook the fact that their new business venture comes equipped with a permanent supervisor – the franchisor. Thought you would be running your own show? Think again.