Chris always puts his clients’ interests first. He is experienced in real estate, land use, eminent domain, property tax, municipal law and development, zoning, construction, corporate regulatory, and environmental law. He understands how to approach the goals and challenges of businesses and institutions in ways that overcome those challenges and meet those goals in a cost effective manner.
Chris also assists public (both municipal and utility) and private (both commercial and nonprofit) clients in all aspects of land regulation, real estate and corporate transactions, eminent domain, finance, governance, contracting, and infrastructure.
Took the lead in multi-million-dollar remediation and redevelopment projects statewide.
Represented multiple municipal public works and parks departments utilities including sewer utilities, storm water utilities, water utilities, and parking utilities in all matters of eminent domain, land use and environmental regulation.
Negotiated construction contracts and development agreements worth several hundred million dollars for public and private developments.
Represented landowners and businesses in eminent domain issues regarding right to take and value of award from fee simple to leasehold including relocation and lost business.
Represented municipalities on sewer issues, including a coalition of municipalities before the state Supreme Court and Public Service Commission in a $100 million dispute over rates.
Represented local sewerage district and joint sewerage commission regarding environmental permitting and disputes.
Represented utilities and landowners in eminent domain and leasing of telecommunication.
Represented municipalities and property owners regarding property tax disputes.
Membership & Involvement
- Trustee: Wisconsin Policy Forum
- Panelist: Milwaukee Mayor’s Blue Ribbon Panel on Sewers
- Village Attorney: Villages of Whitefish Bay and Bayside
- Former President, Current Vice President: Heiliger Huegel Ski Club, Inc.
- Former President and Board Member: State Bar of Wisconsin Environmental Law Section; River Revitalization Foundation, Inc.; Rotary Club Milwaukee
- Former Board Member: Milwaukee Shakespeare; Wisconsin Green Building Alliance; Marble Arch Society
- Member: Environmental Law Institute; International Municipal Lawyers Association; Wisconsin Association of Assessing Officers
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America©, Milwaukee Lawyer of the Year in Environmental Law: 2023
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America©, Milwaukee Lawyer of the Year in Municipal Law: 2013, 2016, 2019, 2022
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© – Wisconsin in Environmental Law: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© – Wisconsin in Municipal Litigation: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© – Wisconsin in Municipal Law: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
- Wisconsin Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine - Environmental: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Listed as Top Rated Lawyer in Environmental, Construction Law and Energy, Commercial Litigation, and Natural Resources by American Lawyer Media
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ rated
Resources & Insights
- City of Milwaukee Property Owners Face May 20th Deadline for Filing of Objections to 2019 Property Tax Notice of AssessmentArticle,
- Property Owners Who Deny Access to Tax Assessors Are Now Able to Appeal to Board of Review or Circuit CourtArticle,
- Your Property At Risk: U.S. Supreme Court Decision Confirms Importance of Understanding Zoning During Real Estate AcquisitionsArticle,
- Event, Webcast,
- Speaking Engagement, State Bar of Wisconsin’s Environmental Section, Webcast,
- Speaking Engagement, State Bar Center; Madison, WI,
- Event, The Marq; De Pere, WI,
- Speaking Engagement, State Bar of Wisconsin; Pewaukee, WI,
- Event, The Marq; De Pere, WI,
- Speaking Engagement, Country Springs Hotel; Pewaukee, WI,
- Speaking Engagement, The Osthoff Resort; Elkhart Lake, WI,
- Speaking Engagement, The Marq; De Pere, WI,
- Corporate News: A Legal Update,
- Firm News, Amundsen Davis,
- Amundsen Davis Attorneys Included in the 2022 Wisconsin Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListAmundsen Davis Attorneys Included in the 2022 Wisconsin Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List
Amundsen Davis is pleased to announce the inclusion of 22 attorneys on the 2022 Wisconsin Super Lawyers® and 2022 Wisconsin Rising Stars lists.
- City of Milwaukee Property Tax Notice of Assessment Objection/Appeal Deadline – May 16, 2022City of Milwaukee Property Tax Notice of Assessment Objection/Appeal Deadline – May 16, 2022
The City of Milwaukee has sent its 2022 “Notice of Assessed Value – Real Property” to all City of Milwaukee property owners. Almost every year the City revalues properties, which is the case again for 2022 after having performed a maintenance assessment for 2021. The recently released 2022 assessments are effective as of January 1, 2022, and are based on the property’s value on that date.
- 43rd Annual Public Officials Program43rd Annual Public Officials Program
University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D.
University of St. Thomas, B.A.