A recent decision from the Bankruptcy Appellate Panel of the Ninth Circuit is another in a small, but growing line of cases finding that bankruptcy cases need not be mandatorily dismissed simply because they touch upon marijuana related businesses or their assets. In turn, that realization could, and should, lead to a much needed change in thought over the general availability of bankruptcy protection for operating marijuana related businesses themselves.
The decision, In re Olson, 2018 WL 989263 (B.A.P. 9th Cir. 2018), involved a 92 year old, legally blind, debtor living in an ...
Welcome to the Cannabis Business Legal News blog where attorneys from Amundsen Davis blog about all things cannabis business and legal news related.
- Movement on the SAFE Banking Act? The Senate is Talking the Talk, but Not Ready to Walk the Walk
- The Federal Government & CBD – What the FDA is Happening?
- Illinois Lawmaker Introduces Legislation to Legalize Psychedelic Therapy Programs
- Illinois Set to Roll out New Cannabis Retail License Applications and Lottery in Early 2023
- Could a Small Town in Pennsylvania Force Congress to Deschedule Cannabis?
- No April Fool’s Joke: The MORE Act was Just Passed by the House
- Significant Increase in Production of Cannabis and Psychedelics for Research Proposed by the DEA for 2022 – What You Need to Know Now
- Protecting Your Cannabis Business from the Trappings of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- The Historic Cannabis Administration and Opportunity Act Could Finally End Federal Cannabis Prohibition
- Illinois Cannabis Market Poised to Take Off With New Dispensary Lottery Bill and Issuance of New Licenses for Craft Growers, Infusers, and Transporters